N+1 strikes again

Old September 24th 06, 12:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duracell Bunny

Default N+1 strikes again

Six months ago I didn't own a bike. Now, thanks to Tam, Lotte & Monsterman I
find myself about to visit the LBS to purchase a third bike, this time an MTB
.... hit Daisy Hill (literally, a couple of times) yesterday with Monstermans's
bike, had the greatest time although I'm feeling bruised & battered this morning
after two heavy falls, one on the dreaded Rock Garden, the other one I'm too
embarrassed to talk about.

Clipping in proved a problem as I'm not used to SPD cleats, but with plenty of
trees to hang on to there I just held a tree while clipping in, then proceeded
on my merry way to make a complete d@ck of myself. Good job only my workmate was
there to see me, Lotte would have split herself at some of my pathetic attempts
I think!

But where can I store all these bikes? Currently I have the road bike & the
hybrid on either side of my entry hallway, no space for a third. Maybe I'll put
in some skyhooks somewhere.

--
Karen

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.'
Catherine Aird
Old September 24th 06, 01:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

Duracell Bunny Wrote:

But where can I store all these bikes? Currently I have the road bike &
the
hybrid on either side of my entry hallway, no space for a third. Maybe
I'll put
in some skyhooks somewhere.

We've got a Grip Sport bike stand for the "daily drivers", that stores
four, but it doesn't seem to be in the product catalogue now.
http://www.gripsport.com.au/

Your LBS probably has something similar. All the others sleep on a big
frame that Bikesoiler constructed one day when he got handy with
framing timber, 20mm MDF and drill.

--
cfsmtb

Old September 24th 06, 02:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman

Duracell Bunny Wrote:

.... hit Daisy Hill (literally, a couple of times) yesterday with
Monstermans's
bike, had the greatest time although I'm feeling bruised & battered
this morning after two heavy falls, one on the dreaded Rock Garden, the
other one I'm too embarrassed to talk about.

Bruises .... .... yeah whatever H O W T H E F * C K I S M Y
B I K E ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

--
monsterman

Old September 24th 06, 02:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Absent Husband

monsterman wrote:

Bruises .... .... yeah whatever H O W T H E F * C K I S M Y
B I K E ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

--
monsterman

I imagine that its probably stoked that it only had two stacks for a
change?? :P

Cheers,
Abby (what's an mtb?? *sobs*)

Old September 24th 06, 02:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave Hughes

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 10:03:41 +1000, cfsmtb wrote:

We've got a Grip Sport bike stand for the "daily drivers", that stores
four, but it doesn't seem to be in the product catalogue now.
http://www.gripsport.com.au/

Dirt Works import something similar, but I can't remember the brand off
the top of my head (maybe Delta?). I also can't easily get to the one in my
laundry at the moment (the bikes are in the garage ATM as a result). I'm
fairly sure they deal with just about any bike shop who'll give them a
call.

http://www.dirtworks.com.au should be able to help. I imagine it's in the
roadie catalogue as well as the MTB one.

--
Dave Hughes |
"My ambition, naturally, is to have a student quote my own words back
Old September 24th 06, 02:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

monsterman wrote:
Duracell Bunny Wrote:

.... hit Daisy Hill (literally, a couple of times) yesterday with
Monstermans's
bike, had the greatest time although I'm feeling bruised & battered
this morning after two heavy falls, one on the dreaded Rock Garden, the
other one I'm too embarrassed to talk about.

Bruises .... .... yeah whatever H O W T H E F * C K I S M Y
B I K E ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Mm is cranky after two hangovers in a row. .. not to mention not
riding.

Old September 24th 06, 03:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Absent Husband

Wow - I REALLY need to get an mtb or I'm gonna get left out!!!

Karen, I think Torpedo7(.com.au) have some wall-mounted bike racks
going super-cheap at the moment - might be worth checking out.....

Cheers,
Abby

Old September 24th 06, 03:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
alison_b

Duracell Bunny Wrote:

[snipped lots of adventures]

But where can I store all these bikes? Currently I have the road bike &
the
hybrid on either side of my entry hallway, no space for a third. Maybe
I'll put
in some skyhooks somewhere.

--
Karen

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible
warning.'
Catherine AirdI don't know if you have a Goldcross up there, but they currently have

some wall storage hooks at half price. Paul put up four in my garage
and they're great - fold up out of the way when not in use, nice and
strong, rubber covering over the two hooks, etc. $12.50 each with
fittings included.

http://showroom.goldcross.com.au/Pro...ategory=SXACSO

I can't see a photo to show you... but they were a cheap option.

ali

--
alison_b

Old September 24th 06, 05:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duracell Bunny

Duracell Bunny wrote:
[...]

Bought an Avanti Aggressor (plus lots more extras as usual) in the end. Just off
to play with it in my top field now, having dropped MM's bike back on the way
home (almost intact too!).

I must say that borrowing a bike first resulted in my buying a very different
bike than I would otherwise have done (OK, translate that as twice the price I'd
planned too) but saved me from a mis-purchase.

Now all I have to do is persuade Lotte to be seen riding with me on a bike
she'll despise (disc braked). And then think about welding up a bike stand that
will hold 4 bikes (anticipating the N+1 thing again). Thanks for the ideas,
everyone. The Gripsport looks the most likely design at present ..

Old September 24th 06, 09:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Absent Husband

Duracell Bunny foolishly admitted:

Now all I have to do is persuade Lotte to be seen riding with me on a bike
she'll despise (disc braked).
--
Karen

Oh no!! Lotte will be in a grumpy mood all day tomorrow!!! *grins*

Nice purchase mate - congrats on the new addition to the stable.....!!

Abby