Walmart bicycles

Old August 20th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

Default Walmart bicycles

I do not get to a Walmart often. Very rarely, in fact.
First, I saw that the restrooms were at the
front of the store, almost directly off the entrance,
and easy to spot.

Second. While wandering around I hear a page:
"Will the bicycle assembler please
come to the front for a bicycle inspection."

--
Michael Press
Old August 20th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

and your point is?

Old August 20th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Leo Lichtman

"datakoll" wrote: and your point is?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Come on, DK, you don't get it? It's as clear as a bell to me: They inspect
bicycles in the restrooms.

Old August 20th 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson

Michael Press wrote:
I do not get to a Walmart often. Very rarely, in fact.
First, I saw that the restrooms were at the
front of the store, almost directly off the entrance,
and easy to spot.

Second. While wandering around I hear a page:
"Will the bicycle assembler please
come to the front for a bicycle inspection."

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5751048

Bill "can't hang at WM" S.

Old August 20th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article
. com,
datakoll wrote:

and your point is?

That Walmart is not always as laissez-faire
about bicycle sales as represented; or they
may be changing.

--
Michael Press
Old August 20th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

yes, there was some question about what his intentions were, john
surfing, shop lifting?
I've annoyed Wals mechanics thru expressing interest in their work.
They're harried. The assembler down here works several stores,
assembling when the cycles are unloaded, assembled cycles are then
rolled in and hung.
Assembly is by drill torque stop but rechecked for accuracy. I've
turned a few, no noticeable differences from one to the next.
It's unlikely the "assembly mechanic" was in the store when you were
there.

Old August 20th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jim Flom

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
Michael Press wrote:
I do not get to a Walmart often. Very rarely, in fact.
First, I saw that the restrooms were at the
front of the store, almost directly off the entrance,
and easy to spot.

Second. While wandering around I hear a page:
"Will the bicycle assembler please
come to the front for a bicycle inspection."

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5751048

Bill "can't hang at WM" S.

Why am I not surprised they're listed under "toys?"

Old August 20th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Michael Press wrote:
I do not get to a Walmart often. Very rarely, in fact.
First, I saw that the restrooms were at the
front of the store, almost directly off the entrance,
and easy to spot.

Second. While wandering around I hear a page:
"Will the bicycle assembler please
come to the front for a bicycle inspection."

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5751048

Bill "can't hang at WM" S.

Why am I not surprised they're listed under "toys?"

when they should be listed under "weights"

Old August 20th 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®

Michael Press wrote:
I do not get to a Walmart often. Very rarely, in fact.
First, I saw that the restrooms were at the
front of the store, almost directly off the entrance,
and easy to spot.

Second. While wandering around I hear a page:
"Will the bicycle assembler please
come to the front for a bicycle inspection."

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5751048

Bill "can't hang at WM" S.

I just love their list of sizing for the ubiquitous American metriphobes-

# Available in 3 sizes:

* Small 5'2" - 5'5"
* Medium 5'6" - 5'9"
* Large 5'10" - 6'2"

Old August 20th 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson

Michael Press wrote:
I do not get to a Walmart often. Very rarely, in fact.
First, I saw that the restrooms were at the
front of the store, almost directly off the entrance,
and easy to spot.

Second. While wandering around I hear a page:
"Will the bicycle assembler please
come to the front for a bicycle inspection."

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5751048

Bill "can't hang at WM" S.

Why am I not surprised they're listed under "toys?"

I found it under "Sports".