Specialized Turbo Pro Question

Old January 28th 05, 04:18 PM
KMH215

Default Specialized Turbo Pro Question

This past fall I switched to a Specialized Turbo Pro computer and I'd
have to say overall, I'm very pleased with it. There's just one
'glitch'... the computer is wireless with WIRED cadence, but the
cadence tends to fluctuate wildly throughout the course of a ride (as
if one our two crankarm revolutions are not being recorded).

Example:

I'm cruising along on my trainer at 90 rpm and every 20-30 seconds, the
cadence display registers a 60 or a 45 (with no significant change in my
actual cadence) for a couple of seconds and then jumps back up to 90.

On my old computer I'd just ignore this as an exceptable anomoly
because it doesn't really effect the way I ride, but it appears that
this is having a major effect on the Average Cadence feature which last
night showed 83 when I know my actual cadence (minus the anomolies)
never dropped below 95. I've checked my magnet alignment, the cadence
sensor is hard-wired, and as previously stated it is accurate 90% of
the time.

I realize this is more of a nuisance than a real problem but I was
wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what if anything you
did to correct the problem.

Alternatively, if anyone has a contact# for specialized tech support
I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

--
KMH215

Old January 28th 05, 11:47 PM
Art M

"KMH215" wrote in message

[...]

I have a Specialized Turbo Sport (basic speedo w/ wire). It did the same
thing with the speed very often even though it was new. I got another sensor
(kept the same computer and magnet) from the LBS where I bought it and it
worked fine. They said there had been others with the same problem. I'm
guessing they've had some quality control problems with those sensors.

--Art

Training question Franck Mangin Racing 2 April 7th 04 05:50 AM
Question for the anti-helmet guys Harris Techniques 37 October 7th 03 04:40 PM
NEW 2003 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS FRAME & FORK, 59cm-60cm haddawad Marketplace 0 October 1st 03 05:28 PM
Broken Frame Question Jim Edgar General 1 August 26th 03 05:56 PM
Specialized M2 with JUDY SL C3 sidi Marketplace 0 August 15th 03 12:43 AM