Je me souviens

Old July 27th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_3_]

Default Je me souviens

New kid on the Block put almost a Minute into Big Mig

Stage 19, Tour, 1996

BORDEAUX-ST EMILION ITT, 63.5 km
1. Jan Ullrich en 1h15'31" (Moy : 50.452 km/h)
2. M.Indurain à 56"
3. Olano à 2'06"
4. Riis à 2'18"
5. Dufaux à 2'19"
6. Boardman à 2'29"
7. Virenque à 2'30"
8. Rominger à 2'47"
9. Berzin à 2'56"
10. Brochard à 2'57"

Final GC
Bjarne Riis (Dan)
Erik Zabel (All)
Richard Virenque (Fra)

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
The two most common elements in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
Old July 27th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Davey Crockett wrote:
New kid on the Block put almost a Minute into Big Mig

Stage 19, Tour, 1996

BORDEAUX-ST EMILION ITT, 63.5 km
1. Jan Ullrich en 1h15'31" (Moy : 50.452 km/h)
2. M.Indurain à 56"
3. Olano à 2'06"
4. Riis à 2'18"
5. Dufaux à 2'19"
6. Boardman à 2'29"
7. Virenque à 2'30"
8. Rominger à 2'47"
9. Berzin à 2'56"
10. Brochard à 2'57"

Final GC
Bjarne Riis (Dan)
Erik Zabel (All)
Richard Virenque (Fra)

You slipped on 2nd place GC.

My recollection was that the German National team told
Ullrich he could do the Olympics or the Tour but not both.
Somewhere in Germany there are people that know Indurain
owes them a debt for his 1996 TT Gold Medal.

Bob Schwartz
Old July 27th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_3_]

Bob Schwartz writes:

Davey Crockett wrote:
[...]

Sure did

I actually stupidly mis-captioned the Three Jerseys
Yellow Bjarne Riis (Dan)
Green Erik Zabel (All)
Pois Rouges Richard Virenque (Fra)

and yes, Der Kaiser was Second on GC

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
Old July 27th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Stu Fleming

Davey Crockett wrote:
New kid on the Block put almost a Minute into Big Mig

Stage 19, Tour, 1996

BORDEAUX-ST EMILION ITT, 63.5 km
1. Jan Ullrich en 1h15'31" (Moy : 50.452 km/h)

*

2. M.Indurain à 56"

*
3. Olano à 2'06"

*
4. Riis à 2'18"

*
5. Dufaux à 2'19"

*
6. Boardman à 2'29"
7. Virenque à 2'30"

*
8. Rominger à 2'47"

*
9. Berzin à 2'56"

*
10. Brochard à 2'57"

*

Final GC
Bjarne Riis (Dan)

*
Erik Zabel (All)

*
Richard Virenque (Fra)

*

Hmmm.

Old July 27th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MyPostingID

"Je me souviens"
The Quebec provincial motto?

Old July 28th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_3_]

MyPostingID writes:

"Je me souviens"
The Quebec provincial motto?

Yes it is as a matter of fact, but I didn't have that in mind at the
time I posted originally

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
Old July 28th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 27, 6:51 pm, MyPostingID wrote:
"Je me souviens"
The Quebec provincial motto?

I always wanted to have a "J'ai oublie" vanity plate for my Quebec
car.

-ilan