Help: Looking for Stainless Steel Nylon Insert Metric Wing Nuts

Old February 6th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Help: Looking for Stainless Steel Nylon Insert Metric Wing Nuts

I have a project where I need some Stainless Steel Nylon Insert Metric
Wing Nuts. The English versions are easy to find, but I can't find any
supplier that sells metric nylon insert locking wing nuts. Anyone have
any leads? I've tried McMaster, Bolt Depot, and Mr. Metric. I don't mind
buying them from outside the U.S..
Old February 7th 08, 12:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
dabac[_130_]

SMS Wrote:
I ... need some Stainless Steel Nylon Insert Metric
Wing Nuts...

Nylock wing nuts? Wing nuts means ease of assembly/dissasembly, but
nylock loses reliability quickly with re-use. Makes it a bit
contradictory.

I haven't checked their inventory yet, so I don't know if they have
what you're looking for. But they've always been able to help me
out:'Sifvert' (http://www.sifvert-skruv.se/eprod.htm)

--
dabac

Old February 7th 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Feb 6, 5:48*pm, SMS wrote:
I have a project where I need some Stainless Steel Nylon Insert Metric
Wing Nuts. The English versions are easy to find, but I can't find any
supplier that sells metric nylon insert locking wing nuts. Anyone have
any leads? I've tried McMaster, Bolt Depot, and Mr. Metric. I don't mind
buying them from outside the U.S..

see any 5/16th's nylon sheet metal screws?
Old February 7th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Feb 7, 12:05*pm, Harry Brogan wrote:
On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 05:53:49 -0800 (PST), datakoll
wrote:

On Feb 6, 5:48*pm, SMS wrote:
I have a project where I need some Stainless Steel Nylon Insert Metric
Wing Nuts. The English versions are easy to find, but I can't find any
supplier that sells metric nylon insert locking wing nuts. Anyone have
any leads? I've tried McMaster, Bolt Depot, and Mr. Metric. I don't mind
buying them from outside the U.S..

see any 5/16th's nylon sheet metal screws?

Those screws go with the metric-left-handed screwdriver right????

replaces ? FORD push pins.
at http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml
Old February 8th 08, 08:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

SMS wrote:

I have a project where I need some Stainless Steel Nylon Insert Metric
Wing Nuts. The English versions are easy to find, but I can't find any
supplier that sells metric nylon insert locking wing nuts. Anyone have
any leads? I've tried McMaster, Bolt Depot, and Mr. Metric. I don't mind
buying them from outside the U.S..

I've never seen a nylon insert wing nut, and I have seen a _lot_ of
fasteners in my day.

Perhaps you could get a press-on nut knob and stick a nylock nut in
it?

Chalo
Old February 8th 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

DT's red locktite spoke thread/nipple compound might do the trick for
a wing nut and cheaper than a box.