BUC 2009 - british unicycle convention

Old November 24th 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sarah.miller

Default BUC 2009 - british unicycle convention

BUC 2009 website is now up and runnning at
www.unicycle.org.uk/buc16

With details of where ,when and how you can help. If you are able to
help out with any of the volunteer roles or have other skills you can
offer please contact us at

Any ideas for a logo also welcome at that address,should be one colour
on green and contain a unicycle and maybe something Devon related.

--
sarah.miller

South West Unicycle Meet
www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
Old January 14th 09, 10:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sarah.miller

BUC 2009 website has been up-dated. Now has some details about the
events and competitions that will happen during the weekend. The
volunteers page has some job descriptions for roles that need filling,
if you are able to help out with any of them please let us know on here
or by e-mail.
We are getting closer to having details agreed for the weekend and
still hope to open pre reg in Feb.

Old January 14th 09, 11:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eddbmxdude

Hi Sarah,

Im a little worried about the really strict rules protection in the
trials competition. I can understand the importance of wearing a helmet
and perhaps shin pads, but I think the rule about having gloves and
wrist guards is really un-nessasary. I don't ride with or own a set of
gloves or wrist guards and don't intend on buying some just to use for
BUC.
Do we really have to wear all that stuff on the list?

On another note, thanks for taking on the huge task of organising a
BUC. I think the logo with an umbrella is very relevant to BUC, haha!

Thanks,
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

"I guess it's just a good thing you didn't include the footage of us
snorting cocaine from the thighs of prostitutes eh Edd." - Boogie

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
Old January 15th 09, 10:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

fairly pointless post just to get me subscribed to the thread

Thanks for the updates Sarah. BTW, the link under the logo isn't
working (missed the quote after the URL)

I'm still trying to organise permission for us to hold a road race, but
it's not looking hopeful at the moment. I've got one more chance (the
local police), but if that fails then we'll just have to have a
non-competetive road ride (and just happen to notice who gets back first
)

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old January 15th 09, 10:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sarah.miller

The wearing of the listed pro is a condition of our insurance and is
in the risk assessments of that event which affect the cost of first aid
cover. So yes, you will need to wear* gloves or wrist guards as well as
a lid and leg pro to compete in trials or street.

Sarah
You really have NO gloves... don't your hands get cold in winter? beg
and borrow.

Old January 16th 09, 12:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
keg

sarah.miller;1171071 wrote:
The wearing of the listed pro is a condition of our insurance and is
in the risk assessments of that event which affect the cost of first aid
cover. So yes, you will need to wear* gloves or wrist guards as well as
a lid and leg pro to compete in trials or street.

Sarah
You really have NO gloves... don't your hands get cold in winter? beg
and borrow.

Other than shin protection in street I'm reasonably sure these
conditions match the IUF rule book, just borrow your mum's gloves

Alternatively nearer the time PM me and you can borrow some wrist
guards, if I bring a big wheel then I'd have them with me.

Keith

--
keg
Old January 16th 09, 09:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
annaats

Just wondering what time it will be starting onthe Friday? Will I need
to book the day off work?

Cheers

--
annaats

Anna.
Southampton Unicycle Hockey Club - Sundays at 4!

It will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.
Be who you are and say what you feel, as those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind.
Old January 16th 09, 04:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Adder172

hey,
i am interested in going (whether i will be able to or not)
obviously nearer the time would it be possible for a full timetable of
the times (roughly) and days in which the different events happen?

thanks :-)

by the way i agree that the logo is fitting

--
Adder172

uni-life