Garmin Still Sucks

Old May 8th 11, 09:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

Default Garmin Still Sucks

Yes, Cavendouche is a whiner. There ain't no saints in
Italy in the ultimo kilometre. If Cav doesn't want to
deal with a little shake 'n' bake he is welcome to
lead things out.

But what struck me was how Garmin-Cervélo was poised
to drill it for Farrar. Except for the part about being
overpowered and stuffed by Lampre. You never saw that
happen to Cipo's lead out train.

That's not a good sigh for Farrar.

Fred Flintstein
Old May 9th 11, 03:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On May 8, 3:58*pm, Fred Flintstein
wrote:
Yes, Cavendouche is a whiner. There ain't no saints in
Italy in the ultimo kilometre. If Cav doesn't want to
deal with a little shake 'n' bake he is welcome to
lead things out.

But what struck me was how Garmin-Cervélo was poised
to drill it for Farrar. Except for the part about being
overpowered and stuffed by Lampre. You never saw that
happen to Cipo's lead out train.

That's not a good sigh for Farrar.

Fred Flintstein

His lead out man faded somewhere in the 1200-800 m to go area -
Old May 9th 11, 06:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Fred Flintstein" wrote in message
Yes, Cavendouche is a whiner. There ain't no saints in
Italy in the ultimo kilometre. If Cav doesn't want to
deal with a little shake 'n' bake he is welcome to
lead things out.

But what struck me was how Garmin-Cervélo was poised
to drill it for Farrar. Except for the part about being
overpowered and stuffed by Lampre. You never saw that
happen to Cipo's lead out train.

That's not a good sigh for Farrar.

Fred Flintstein

And from this quote from Farrar-
"I saw Petacchi sprint a dead straight line, so I guess he was ****ed
that Petacchi won," he said matter-of-factly.

- there's going to be some continued bad blood between him and Cav.

Dead straight line???!!! Hey, it was a good sprint, it wasn't one that
I'd DQ Petacchi for, but it wasn't a good example of a "clean" sprint
and most certainly wasn't a "dead straight line." I can only assume that
Farrar was quoted immediately after the sprint and hadn't seen the
replays. Is Farrar assuming that an emotional Cav is going to make
mistakes?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old May 9th 11, 06:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On May 8, 10:12*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
[...]

I just watched it.

Petacchi came off Cavendish's wheel FFS.
Cavendish had a fair amount of room on the left. Petacchi
moved left but he was a bike length ahead of Cavendish
at that point and he didn't put him into the barriers.

I think this is just a training-bitch by Cavendish to make
sure he's in full bitching form by July.

Fredmaster Ben

Garmin.Still.Sucks Bob Schwartz[_3_] Racing 10 September 9th 09 01:34 AM
Garmin sucks Bob Schwartz[_3_] Racing 3 July 27th 09 02:48 PM
Garmin sucks Bob Schwartz[_3_] Racing 16 July 17th 09 05:17 AM
Garmin eTrex Vista C and associated Garmin handlebar holder Bill-Dorset-UK UK 1 November 30th 06 05:23 PM
GPS: Garmin Forerunner vs. Garmin Foretrex mgrant Unicycling 3 January 23rd 06 07:52 PM