Taking the lane

Old July 18th 13, 02:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Default Taking the lane

Duane wrote:
Ralph Barone wrote:

snip
That's the one I'm using only the free version. I'll look into it then.
Thanks.

Yep I think I found it. Thanks.

--
duane
Old July 18th 13, 03:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_3_]

Duane wrote:
Ralph Barone wrote:
Duane wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 11:24:41 PM UTC-4, Duane wrote:

Same thing happened to me but I was moving. Not hard enough to knock me

over either. Hey I think that was when Frank thinks I said cycling in

Quebec was extremely dangerous.

You _were_ saying it was very dangerous, and that I couldn't know what it
was like riding up there, and that you'd even had someone hit you from
behind on a blind curve on a forest road (and you linked a photo) but
that you didn't fall. IIRC, that was after you said you needed a bike
lane on a flat, wide highway because motorists might not notice you there, either.

Bull****. You hear very dangerous when anyone says anything beside
completely safe. You say need at all costs when someone says something
would be useful.
And you argue against what you claim people say when it's just your
interpretation of what they say. You can't quote me ever saying cycling in
Quebec is very dangerous so stop ****ing claiming that I did. I told you
it's safer than Ohio and there are a lot more cyclists here yet following
your take the lane mantra here is illegal. Why don't you quote that.? And
you can't quote where I said I needed a bike path on that road. You went
nuts when someone posted a picture of a group riding on a nice country path
claiming how bad it was. I said there was a similar road near me where I
could use a path.
I've ridden that road 200 times. I obviously don't need a bike path there.
Boolean logic and. extremes are what you deal with.

He also claims he proved me wrong. I

guess that was when I posted the links showing how much more cycling there

is in Quebec than Ohio.

What I posted was a citation from a paper showing Quebec had only one
bike fatality in 14 million miles of riding. "Per mile" data is
independent of having more or less cycling.

Which as usual had nothing to do with anything I said.

[ fk:]
For bonus points, you might also tell us what you do when you're

standing over your bike at a traffic light and a sinkhole opens up

underneath you. Both situations can be tragic, and seem to have

roughly the same frequency.

I haven't seen the link

to the sink hole incident. More hyperbole I imagine.

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/201...o-problem.html

No bicycles in that link that I can see. More smoke and mirrors Frank? You
want to compare documented sinkhole eating bike incidents to rear end hits
by cars? What the **** is your problem?

Leave me out of your find a Fred party. You just look for a bully pulpit
to get your message out and it has little to do with discussion.

And the downside to iPhone news app is there's no kill file. Maybe I'll
just create a tag line saying "I fell and dented my hemet and not my head."
And then reply to all of your bull**** posts with an lol.

Duane, NewsTap (which is an iApp) does have killfile capability.

That's the one I'm using only the free version. I'll look into it then.
Thanks.

I thought the limitation of the free version was in the number of
newsgroups you could subscribe to. Note that killfiled posts are only
marked as read, and you need to connect a second time to have those posts
deleted.
Old July 18th 13, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Ralph Barone wrote:
snip

I thought the limitation of the free version was in the number of
newsgroups you could subscribe to. Note that killfiled posts are only
marked as read, and you need to connect a second time to have those posts
deleted.

Yep. Looks like that's how it works. Thanks again.

--
duane

Taking the Lane Trifecta! Jay Beattie Techniques 26 July 5th 13 05:22 PM
taking the lane nik.morgan[_2_] UK 3 August 19th 12 01:50 PM
Taking the lane in London Simon Mason UK 19 August 4th 11 08:15 AM
Taking The Lane Steve Walker[_2_] UK 6 March 3rd 11 09:21 AM
taking the lane 60's style recycled-one General 8 September 6th 06 08:10 PM