Cycling Clothing

Old May 11th 17, 01:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Cycling Clothing

On Wed, 10 May 2017 07:30:43 -0700, Joerg

On 2017-05-10 07:19, Radey Shouman wrote:
Duane writes:

On 2017-05-09 01:05, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 08 May 2017 11:58:43 -0700, Joerg

On 2017-05-08 07:37, wrote:
How is it that I can get a team jersey off of Ebay that's 20 years
old that fits perfectly (though labeled in weird European sizes)
while it's almost impossible to get any modern team wear that you
would want to wear anywhere but to a funeral?

Maybe you have too much European ancestry :-)

And the Chinese garments appear to be only constructed for someone
5'6" whereas the Taiwanese garments seem to be for Americans sizes in
the American market.

The bike clothes made in Thailand, and I suspect, in China are made in
local and foreign sizes and there is about one size difference between
the sizes. I've actually got a pair of bike shorts with a label saying
"Asia - M, Eur - S".

We have an annual Bicycle Expo and I've talked to one of the larger
manufacturer of athletic clothing and they are well aware of the
differences in size and are quick to tell you if you ask "is this a
American or Thai medium?"

Just like they ask in Thai restaurant around here "Hot or Thai
hot?". Sensitive people not heeding that distinction advice risk
landing in the emergency room.

Thai hot is nothing. Laotian hot is what you should look for.

--

Laotian is pretty good but I think the hottest food that I've had that
was still good was at a Sri Lankan restaurant in St. Paul. There was

I've had food that was hotter but it wasn't worth eating.

I'll have to look for Serendipitous restaurants, never tried Sri Lankan
food. Agree that hot food should taste good, not into culinary masochism.

I always wondered whether the people living in such countries have a
Teflon-coated esophagus. How do they do it?

Apparently it is an acquired taste. The Thai's do not feed any "hot"
food to children and even adults do not all eat spicy food. It is not
uncommon at all to hear someone in a restaurant ask whether an item is
spicy, or whether it can be served "not spicy".

Interestingly it is my observation that women tend to eat much spicier
food than men. I've seen them eat som tam so hot that it made tears
come to their eyes and sit back and sort of take a big breath with
their mouth open to cool their lips and say "Oh, isn't that good" and
then go back for a second helping.
..
On the other hand my wife will not eat food that is flavored with
black pepper as she says it is too spicy :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old May 11th 17, 03:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

.
On the other hand my wife will not eat food that is flavored with
black pepper as she says it is too spicy :-)

Women usually know their limits and don't have the macho genes of men. I
remember a Scandinavian in a Japanese restaurant here. "What's this
green stuff?" ... "That is wasabi and be very, very careful with that.
Only a tiny amount. It is super spicy" ... He probably thought that
nothing can hurt a true Viking and took a spoonful. Shortly thereafter
some medical attention was necessary.

A German friend of mine had a similar encounter the first time he met a
Jalapeno-type pepper face to face. The crinkely red kind. He took one
and before I could scream "NOOO!" he had already bitten off and
swallowed a whole third. What followed was lots of caughing, tears, more
coughing and much of the afternoon spent on the porcelain.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old May 11th 17, 08:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

On 2017-05-08 07:37, wrote:
[...]

I like hot stuff but I definitely draw the line at the point at which you can't taste the food.

Looking for cycling clothing Micheal Artindale Mountain Biking 5 March 1st 06 08:34 PM
FS: Cycling Clothing Darrell Marketplace 0 December 5th 05 04:33 AM
Cycling Clothing Sean Rooney UK 13 August 1st 05 08:07 AM
appropriate clothing for cycling dig dug General 14 July 20th 05 08:01 AM
FS:Cycling Clothing Ryun Pavlicek Marketplace 0 December 12th 04 09:37 PM