Olympics to axe cyling.....

Old July 28th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Crescentius Vespasianus

Default Olympics to axe cyling.....

The Olympics is considering replacing cycling events with karate and rugby.
When you think about it, it would be a smart move on their part. Who needs
the headaches, from a group of athletes that are bound and determined to be
criminals. Also the illegitimacy of the cycling athlete casts a shadow over
all of the Olympic games. Personallư, I'd rather watch some good karate
matches. But if they start flying around in the air, like in the movies,
then that's when you start drug testing them also.

Old July 28th 07, 06:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bwcox

On Jul 27, 6:09 pm, "Crescentius Vespasianus"
wrote:
The Olympics is considering replacing cycling events with karate and rugby.
When you think about it, it would be a smart move on their part. Who needs
the headaches, from a group of athletes that are bound and determined to be
criminals. Also the illegitimacy of the cycling athlete casts a shadow over
all of the Olympic games. Personallư, I'd rather watch some good karate
matches. But if they start flying around in the air, like in the movies,
then that's when you start drug testing them also.

While we are at lets get rid of track and field. I think there have
been just as many participants, per capita, found guilty of doping in
those sports too.

Old July 28th 07, 08:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tuschinski

wrote:

The Olympics is considering replacing cycling events with karate and rugby.
When you think about it, it would be a smart move on their part. Who needs
the headaches, from a group of athletes that are bound and determined to be
criminals. Also the illegitimacy of the cycling athlete casts a shadow over
all of the Olympic games. Personallư, I'd rather watch some good karate
matches. But if they start flying around in the air, like in the movies,
then that's when you start drug testing them also.

While we are at lets get rid of track and field. I think there have
been just as many participants, per capita, found guilty of doping in
those sports too.

HOW DARE YOU!

Disc throwers, 100 meter sprinters, spearchuckers, powerlifters are
amongst the cleanest sports ever! We have outstanding pillars of light
as Carl Lewis to look up to!

HOW DARE YOU!

Old July 28th 07, 09:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.running

Tuschinski wrote:
HOW DARE YOU!
Disc throwers, 100 meter sprinters, spearchuckers, powerlifters are
amongst the cleanest sports ever! We have outstanding pillars of light
as Carl Lewis to look up to!

Not to mention all those 5000m and 10000m records that got broken on a
monthly basis back in the 90's, coincidentally just when EPO was
coming
into vogue. And they never tested for haemocrit at all unlike those
evil
cyclists and cross country skiers, in fact they only started to test
for
EPO somewhere around 2002.

Old July 28th 07, 12:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.running
shane

Tuschinski wrote:
HOW DARE YOU!
Disc throwers, 100 meter sprinters, spearchuckers, powerlifters are
amongst the cleanest sports ever! We have outstanding pillars of light
as Carl Lewis to look up to!

Not to mention all those 5000m and 10000m records that got broken on a
monthly basis back in the 90's, coincidentally just when EPO was
coming
into vogue. And they never tested for haemocrit at all unlike those
evil
cyclists and cross country skiers, in fact they only started to test
for
EPO somewhere around 2002.

Pro cycling should break from the Olympics, not the other way around.
Get a real league, get out of the UCI, which has made the sport a very
easy target and hasnt really done much for the athletes.

Old July 28th 07, 01:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tim[_3_]

wrote:
The Olympics is considering replacing cycling events with karate and rugby.
When you think about it, it would be a smart move on their part. Who needs
the headaches, from a group of athletes that are bound and determined to be
criminals. Also the illegitimacy of the cycling athlete casts a shadow over
all of the Olympic games. Personallư, I'd rather watch some good karate
matches. But if they start flying around in the air, like in the movies,
then that's when you start drug testing them also.

While we are at lets get rid of track and field. I think there have
been just as many participants, per capita, found guilty of doping in
those sports too.

Track and field is the showcase event as opposed to cycling in which
almost no one cares about.
Old July 28th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark

wrote:
The Olympics is considering replacing cycling events with karate and rugby.
When you think about it, it would be a smart move on their part. Who needs
the headaches, from a group of athletes that are bound and determined to be
criminals. Also the illegitimacy of the cycling athlete casts a shadow over
all of the Olympic games. Personallư, I'd rather watch some good karate
matches. But if they start flying around in the air, like in the movies,
then that's when you start drug testing them also.

While we are at lets get rid of track and field. I think there have
been just as many participants, per capita, found guilty of doping in
those sports too.

And Nordic Skiing, and Women's Figure Skating (Tanya Harding's non-drug
scandal) and Pairs Figure Skating (Judging scandals)...
I'm sure we could name others.

Mark J.
Old July 28th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Marlene Blanshay

if they get rid of cycling, then they should get rid of weightlifting,
track and field, wrestling,baseball, mens gymnastics...it's not so much
the drugs they're concerned about,i think it's the scandal. The tour de
france gets so much publicity now, that any scandal connected to it is
more about how it looks than the drugs.

wrote:
The Olympics is considering replacing cycling events with karate and rugby.
When you think about it, it would be a smart move on their part. Who needs
the headaches, from a group of athletes that are bound and determined to be
criminals. Also the illegitimacy of the cycling athlete casts a shadow over
all of the Olympic games. Personallư, I'd rather watch some good karate
matches. But if they start flying around in the air, like in the movies,
then that's when you start drug testing them also.

While we are at lets get rid of track and field. I think there have
been just as many participants, per capita, found guilty of doping in
those sports too.

Can not wearing a cyling helmet cause death? spindrift UK 31 May 18th 06 03:50 PM
cyling clubs shepton Mallet, Wells, Glastonbury gjt70 UK 3 February 13th 06 12:56 PM
Netto cyling equipment killermike UK 2 July 14th 05 01:16 PM
getting snubbed by pro cyling organizers hueyville Racing 152 June 8th 05 01:36 AM
GPSs for cyling hold my beer and watch this... Racing 38 November 22nd 04 03:04 PM