thanks for the advice!

Old July 30th 08, 01:20 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
tower

Default thanks for the advice!

Thanks to all the advice on Colorado riding that was given several
months ago...I just returned and had a great time!

We flew into Col Springs Wed the 23rd and drove to Salida, next day I
rode the Monarch Crest. 35 miles of great riding and views! The
Rainbow trail kicked my butt a bit, the KY altitude does nothing to
prepare me of course! Did take a header and got a few bumps and
bruises, got some rain and hail but overall, great ride!

Friday we travelled to Crested Butte and Sat I rode the 401...another
long climber up the dirt road (wife dropped me at Gothic and I rode
the 5+ miles to Schofield Pass) followed by another 2-3 miles of lung-
busting singletrack up about 1000 feet or so. The downhill was cool,
great views back down into Crested Butte!

Sunday was checkout day so I rode the 10 mile long Upper Lower Loop
which was actually really scenic and kind of nice since there was not
a ton of climbing and I could stop and relax a bit more.

We stayed just outside Lake George on Sunday and didn't really find
much riding there, had I known more about Woodland Park I would have
stayed there, looks to be a good amount of riding there.

I got kind of screwed by Continental on the way out, I boxed my bike
but I had to pay $100 because of the size of the box. Continental
said I could check it as a bag but that would only work if it was one
of those silly fold-up bikes.

I UPS'd the bike back here to KY which was $122 but made picking my
wife and I up at the airport easier.

All in all, great trip, great weather and I really appreciate the
comments and suggestions on where to stay and all that. Now I'm back
in KY and lamenting moving here from NorCal in the first
place...riding in this area is a yawner, especially compared to being
out west.

More Advice before I buy... wmdoran Unicycling 4 August 11th 06 10:55 PM
Hi im new!! any advice? monkeyman Unicycling 0 February 14th 06 02:15 AM
Advice Please! Matt UK 4 January 2nd 05 02:23 AM
Changers advice/bike advice? Andy Hewitt UK 11 June 25th 04 07:04 PM
advice again please ! vwyob UK 8 August 16th 03 07:05 PM