Too much bike news

Old July 13th 13, 10:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Too much bike news

All or nothing I suppose.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...mpting-2049621

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old July 13th 13, 11:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joe Riel

AMuzi writes:

All or nothing I suppose.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...mpting-2049621

Try that with carbon fiber. The article didn't mention a helmet;
the reporters must be slipping...

--
Joe Riel
Old July 14th 13, 12:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
davethedave[_2_]

On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 15:18:01 -0700, Joe Riel wrote:

AMuzi writes:

All or nothing I suppose.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...rrested-after-

attempting-2049621

Try that with carbon fiber. The article didn't mention a helmet;
the reporters must be slipping...

It's the Mirror! A Tabloid rag. Your expectations may have been cast a
touch high.

--
davethedave
Old July 14th 13, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

difficult telling wether these kids/cycle stories are reported related o thgeir true frequency or picked out of a stream for news interests.

there are two genuines tonight...cow falls thru roof...Russians ?...
and a soccer reenactment where the ref was dismembered and beheaded.

As with BART, alleged Robert Moses and the Too Low For Bus Traffic Bridge Beam,

and the Interstate !!!

increase transport availability and demographics change...for everyone.

A violent cops n robbers film with bicycles is in odor or was it ?

Off a soccer field....lettus have a soccer perp !
Old July 14th 13, 06:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

AMuzi writes:

All or nothing I suppose.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...rrested-after-

attempting-2049621

Try that with carbon fiber. The article didn't mention a helmet;
the reporters must be slipping...

It's the Mirror! A Tabloid rag. Your expectations may have been cast a
touch high.

Yes, that's true. The Mirror link was sent to me but it does
not appear to be a hoax.

The Mirror story included video from local TV4.
Here's coverage from local TV7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZeT5iWOfMU

(Southfield is between Livonia and Troy in suburban Detroit)

Old July 14th 13, 07:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

the area tells the story...

Ocala is country yet camping there in the NF requires a weapon as founded by prior irrational violence.

Hi unemployment.

You know the woman executed for NF murders ? I do.

Was run off a campsite by man with a revolver who later tried to set the place on fire...

Just endless BS.

We may have noted a popular trend ?

an easier getaway ?

I watched a briefood demo by cycle cops in West Palm....they're good !

unavailable but good at MTB

tell us when you hear of one with an AK
Old July 14th 13, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Saturday, July 13, 2013 5:52:13 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
All or nothing I suppose.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...mpting-2049621

This is not a bicycling related story (except it was told to me by a fellow cyclist during a ride this past week).

He and his girlfriend parked his vehicle and went for a walk in the park. They returned to find a large rock had been thrown through a window, and his girlfriend's purse was gone.

He called 911, cops were dispatched, & they found the purse with three 12-year-old kids who were walking along nearby. (One tried to ditch it in the woods, but was spotted.)

One of those 12-year-olds already has eight felony charges against him.

There's probably no hope at all for that kid.

- Frank Krygowski
Old July 14th 13, 09:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
davethedave[_2_]

AMuzi writes:

All or nothing I suppose.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...rrested-after-

attempting-2049621

Try that with carbon fiber. The article didn't mention a helmet;
the reporters must be slipping...

It's the Mirror! A Tabloid rag. Your expectations may have been cast a
touch high.

Yes, that's true. The Mirror link was sent to me but it does not appear
to be a hoax.

Unfortunately not.

The Mirror story included video from local TV4.
Here's coverage from local TV7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZeT5iWOfMU

(Southfield is between Livonia and Troy in suburban Detroit)

Interesting watch. So the Bank of America don't actually lock up *all*
the money at night. And it can be stolen by 12 year olds after breaking
one window.

It's all a bit sad that he actually thought it was a good idea. It's also
a bit sad that he actually managed to get in. That doesn't really say a
lot good about bank security.
--
davethedave
Old July 14th 13, 10:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan

Frank Krygowski writes:

On Saturday, July 13, 2013 5:52:13 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
All or nothing I suppose.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...mpting-2049621

This is not a bicycling related story (except it was told to me by a fellow cyclist during a ride this past week).

He and his girlfriend parked his vehicle and went for a walk in the park. They returned to find a large rock had been thrown through a window, and his girlfriend's purse was gone.

He called 911, cops were dispatched, & they found the purse with three 12-year-old kids who were walking along nearby. (One tried to ditch it in the woods, but was spotted.)

One of those 12-year-olds already has eight felony charges against him.

(Sorry, Gene)

so it's a 12-year old story. (damn kids these day!)

There's probably no hope at all for that kid.

nice attitude - I hope somebody near him has a better one

Old July 15th 13, 12:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:07:59 PM UTC-4, Dan wrote:
Frank Krygowski writes:

One of those 12-year-olds already has eight felony charges against him.
There's probably no hope at all for that kid.

nice attitude - I hope somebody near him has a better one

Someone may. But with eight felonies by age 12, and breaking & entering in this instance, what do you think his chances are?

I deplore the fate of such kids. But I think the odds are heavily against them turning to legitimate careers and staying out of jail. Sociologists don't seem to have figured out how to make that happen.

- Frank Krygowski