Getting Thunderbird to work?

Old June 4th 15, 05:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Getting Thunderbird to work?

Anyone here know what NTTP or other info I need to input into Thunderbird in order to use Thunderbird to read this newsgroup?

Thanks and cheers.
Old June 4th 15, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 04/06/2015 12:19 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here know what NTTP or other info I need to input into Thunderbird in order to use Thunderbird to read this newsgroup?

Thanks and cheers.

What do you use for a news server?

I'm using Eternal-September because my ISP doesn't offer one any longer.
It's free but you have to sign up with them.

So my server is news.eternal-september.org and the port is the default
NNTP (119)

Old June 4th 15, 06:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 12:36:02 PM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
On 04/06/2015 12:19 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here know what NTTP or other info I need to input into Thunderbird in order to use Thunderbird to read this newsgroup?

Thanks and cheers.

What do you use for a news server?

I'm using Eternal-September because my ISP doesn't offer one any longer.
It's free but you have to sign up with them.

So my server is news.eternal-september.org and the port is the default
NNTP (119)

Thanks Duane.

I thought I just needed to download Thunderbird. I'll download that other program too.

Cheers
Old June 4th 15, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2015-06-04 10:21 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 12:36:02 PM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
On 04/06/2015 12:19 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here know what NTTP or other info I need to input into Thunderbird in order to use Thunderbird to read this newsgroup?

Thanks and cheers.

What do you use for a news server?

I'm using Eternal-September because my ISP doesn't offer one any longer.
It's free but you have to sign up with them.

So my server is news.eternal-september.org and the port is the default
NNTP (119)

Thanks Duane.

I thought I just needed to download Thunderbird. I'll download that other program too.

It's not a program, it's sort of a "membership". With some that is free,
others like mine are paid news servers. Either way you will need a
server name from them which in my case is " and that
gets enterered under "Server Settings" - "Server Name". Now you
subscribe to the individual newsgroups you want by right-clicking on
"news.xxxxxxx.xxx" and then left-click "Subscribe". Thunderbird will ask
you for a user name and password before you can download or post
anything, both of which you must obtain from the news server
organisation you have chosen. It'll usually be in the confirmation email.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old June 4th 15, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 04/06/2015 1:21 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 12:36:02 PM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
On 04/06/2015 12:19 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here know what NTTP or other info I need to input into Thunderbird in order to use Thunderbird to read this newsgroup?

Thanks and cheers.

What do you use for a news server?

I'm using Eternal-September because my ISP doesn't offer one any longer.
It's free but you have to sign up with them.

So my server is news.eternal-september.org and the port is the default
NNTP (119)

Thanks Duane.

I thought I just needed to download Thunderbird. I'll download that other program too.

Cheers

It's not a program. It's a free NNTP service.
Go he
http://www.eternal-september.org/
and sign up. They'll have instructions how to connect. Then tell
Thunderbird to use this server for your connection to RBT.
Old June 4th 15, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 04/06/2015 1:29 PM, Joerg wrote:
On 2015-06-04 10:21 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Yep, that's it. Just that eternal-september is a free service. You
sign up with them so that they can validate your connection via email.
Prevents open spam etc.
Old June 4th 15, 07:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://image.dhgate.com/albu_2927312...-wine-beer.jpg

LOOSEN DUDE....you have 45 days....
Old June 4th 15, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 04/06/15 18:21, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 12:36:02 PM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
On 04/06/2015 12:19 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here know what NTTP or other info I need to input into Thunderbird in order to use Thunderbird to read this newsgroup?

Thanks and cheers.

What do you use for a news server?

I'm using Eternal-September because my ISP doesn't offer one any longer.
It's free but you have to sign up with them.

So my server is news.eternal-september.org and the port is the default
NNTP (119)

Thanks Duane.

I thought I just needed to download Thunderbird. I'll download that other program too.

Step away from the keyboard...

Old June 4th 15, 08:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Step away from the keyboard...

put on your snowshoes .....
Old June 4th 15, 09:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 04/06/2015 1:21 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 12:36:02 PM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
On 04/06/2015 12:19 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here know what NTTP or other info I need to input into Thunderbird in order to use Thunderbird to read this newsgroup?

Thanks and cheers.

What do you use for a news server?

I'm using Eternal-September because my ISP doesn't offer one any longer.
It's free but you have to sign up with them.

So my server is news.eternal-september.org and the port is the default
NNTP (119)

Thanks Duane.

I thought I just needed to download Thunderbird. I'll download that other program too.

Cheers

Let me know if you have trouble figuring out how to add message filters.
lol

our work bike to work pic. max General 3 May 19th 08 11:31 AM
Short video - Thunderbird Park trials... andrew_carter Unicycling 19 February 20th 06 11:41 AM
Trials video - Thunderbird Park trials comp... andrew_carter Unicycling 5 August 21st 05 12:22 AM
RR work and fun small change Mountain Biking 11 February 16th 05 01:12 PM
[OT] Moving to Thunderbird Not Responding UK 24 December 20th 04 09:12 PM