December Fools Day

Old December 27th 16, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default December Fools Day

I took a ride. It was 40 degrees when I left. As I was six miles into the ride and approaching a dead-end canyon that I ride up and back on I saw someone riding in front of me in the same direction. The way the person was riding I assumed that it was a woman. She was wearing all black which I really disapprove of but she did have a bright blinking rear light.

As I approached her she would speed up and put maybe 100 feet in between us.. Since it is safer to ride in a group than alone I thought that a little silly. I was going to ask her if she though that some weirdo was going to go out riding seeking an easy mark in 45 degree weather.

Then thinking about it and realizing that she was wearing all black on the road and I was wearing a French flag it occurred to me that that question was self answering.

A lot of cars were going up the canyon and by this time it was 10:30. The only think at the end of the canyon is a nudist colony. And it was only 45 degrees in the sun. Then a cop car went by. As I approached the top she was still 100 feet or so in front of me and she didn't stop but just turned around and hot-dogged it. There were a lot of cars coming out from the nudist colony and they looked angry. I guess someone was wearing cloths and they closed the place for the day for breaking the rules.

On the way back down I could close easily on her but stayed back since she couldn't go any faster. No sense in worrying someone for no reason. At the bottom there was a light in which she was going straight and I turning right so I bid her adieu and indeed it was a woman.

There is a donut shop I was going to stop in for a break and to thaw out. A whole group of Greeks go in there to pretend they're in the old country where they go out in the mornings for coffee and a sweet. They speak only in Greek so they can insult the liberals without their knowing. But it was closed. So I took a ride a longer way past a reservoir which is full to overflowing.

There will be some additional rain this week and next week is supposed to be an entire wet week. The Global Warmists are gnashing their teeth. All over the globe is below normal temperatures using a 100 year average and rainfalls are well above normal. One would almost think that it was normal weather.

Everyone have a happy new year including the crazies who shall remain unnamed and thought of better than they deserve.
Old December 28th 16, 03:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 8:51:10 PM UTC, wrote:

Everyone have a happy new year including the crazies who shall remain unnamed and thought of better than they deserve.

They were born and they breathe, so we must show them the tolerance they don't show to their own kind.

Andre Jute
Charisma is the art of infuriating the unworthy by lounging elegantly
Old December 28th 16, 01:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Op dinsdag 27 december 2016 21:51:10 UTC+1 schreef :
[...]

Nice to see that you found some time to actually ride your bike.....

Lou
Old December 28th 16, 02:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 5:14:44 AM UTC-8, wrote:

Nice to see that you found some time to actually ride your bike.....

Lou, I had three months off for my brother having a near fatal disease that three emergency hospitals couldn't diagnose and his podiatrist took a single glance at the x-rays and saw. I had a good sized offroad crash and my C40 broke a fork at 35 mph dumping me into a ditch and into a rock wall. I still have almost 4100 miles.

What do you have?

Old December 28th 16, 03:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Op woensdag 28 december 2016 15:37:34 UTC+1 schreef :
On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 5:14:44 AM UTC-8, wrote:

Nice to see that you found some time to actually ride your bike.....

Lou, I had three months off for my brother having a near fatal disease that three emergency hospitals couldn't diagnose and his podiatrist took a single glance at the x-rays and saw. I had a good sized offroad crash and my C40 broke a fork at 35 mph dumping me into a ditch and into a rock wall. I still have almost 4100 miles.

What do you have?

Lets see...11000 km so far. Today 60 km offroad on my cross bike. Very busy at work and a lot of home improvement projects this year. I think that was the max I could do.

Lou
Old December 28th 16, 03:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 7:08:00 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Op woensdag 28 december 2016 15:37:34 UTC+1 schreef :
On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 5:14:44 AM UTC-8, wrote:

Nice to see that you found some time to actually ride your bike.....

Lou, I had three months off for my brother having a near fatal disease that three emergency hospitals couldn't diagnose and his podiatrist took a single glance at the x-rays and saw. I had a good sized offroad crash and my C40 broke a fork at 35 mph dumping me into a ditch and into a rock wall. I still have almost 4100 miles.

What do you have?

Lets see...11000 km so far. Today 60 km offroad on my cross bike. Very busy at work and a lot of home improvement projects this year. I think that was the max I could do.

Lou

So you put in what would have been my normal year. Good job.

Before my injuries my normal year was 16,000 km. But old age is catching up with me. Or rather I don't like to ride with a group whose purpose has changed from a fun ride to racing each other every inch of the way. At over 72 I don't like to get out in the cold so I start later and end before the commute traffic makes the roads dangerous. A long day now is only 70 miles.
Old December 28th 16, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 4:47:57 PM UTC+1, wrote:
[...]

I never understood how people with a normal day job (I still have to work) could average 25000 fun km a year (commute km excluded).

Lou
Old December 28th 16, 11:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 3:08:00 PM UTC, wrote:
Op woensdag 28 december 2016 15:37:34 UTC+1 schreef :
On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 5:14:44 AM UTC-8, wrote:

Nice to see that you found some time to actually ride your bike.....

Lou, I had three months off for my brother having a near fatal disease that three emergency hospitals couldn't diagnose and his podiatrist took a single glance at the x-rays and saw. I had a good sized offroad crash and my C40 broke a fork at 35 mph dumping me into a ditch and into a rock wall. I still have almost 4100 miles.

What do you have?

Lets see...11000 km so far. Today 60 km offroad on my cross bike. Very busy at work and a lot of home improvement projects this year. I think that was the max I could do.

Lou

Good heavens. You guys are going well. These days my target is a thousand kilometers a year. During the global warming, when we cycled almost until Christmas and before heart surgery it was two thousand kilometers a year.

Of course, an artist has to work a 14-day to earn a living, whereas engineers are on a 35-hour week... Heh-heh, just trolling.

Andre Jute
My tyres and brake blocks last years and years
Old December 29th 16, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

So in this case rather than personal experience YOU have a reference to something that you don't know the actual worth of.

When I got to coleg in 1983 a 6-pack of Henry Weinhards was $2.99.

Old December 29th 16, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 4:35:54 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
So in this case rather than personal experience YOU have a reference to something that you don't know the actual worth of.

When I got to coleg in 1983 a 6-pack of Henry Weinhards was $2.99.

And beer and wine are two things that have increased in price the least.

April Fools? or not... Hell And High Water Techniques 3 April 1st 08 09:02 PM
Please tell me this is an April Fools joke Hell And High Water Racing 0 April 1st 08 06:11 PM
A Ship of Fools ? Keith Racing 0 June 30th 06 10:42 PM
Fossil Fools Day - Any Action? oilfreeandhappy General 0 March 14th 06 08:13 AM
RR: ridin fools from Noe Yawk Corvus Corvax Mountain Biking 2 August 5th 04 03:42 PM