purpose of "waist"? (photo)

Old January 4th 17, 10:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Default purpose of "waist"? (photo)

https://goo.gl/QqsWt4

the air hose mechanism ...

I needed a drill chuck extention. .. for a Milwaukee hole shooter turning wound wire brushes not finding anything beyond magnets n such barely above grommels...

Here, the search travels into earth drilling n incomprehensible production metal work.

Once past making jewelry, why would a ball retention be relevant to operation ?

as a shock absorber ? I dunno, think fluids...my balls doahn take much shock. Nothing like a shattered ball ruin your day.

This wud morph into the averted suggestion the waist reduces torque shock.

At this I thank the God's for letting me slide n not tearing my hand off.

I was thinking duhduh duh that whatever it is wudbe at Home Depot or Northern Tool.

I found the extension at Amazon where on first entry the elves coughed up a list of stuff I need including a solid drill chuck with a 3/8ths thread fir a grade 5 Mcmaster Carr rod
Old January 4th 17, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

I found the extension at Amazon where on first entry the elves coughed up a list of stuff I need including a solid drill chuck with a 3/8ths thread fir a grade 5 Mcmaster Carr rod

local noise sez this tool is called a 'stick'

Old January 4th 17, 06:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 01:17:02 -0800 (PST), DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH
wrote:

I needed a drill chuck extention. ..
for a Milwaukee hole shooter turning wound
wire brushes not finding anything beyond
magnets n such barely above grommels...

Perhaps you've heard of a bench grinder? I have an 8" cheapo grinder
and an assortment of wheels, including several wire wheels. I had to
do some rather creative mounting to get it to fit. Photo on request.
Milwaukee Hole Shooting covers a wide variety of products. Which one?
https://www.google.com/search?q=milw...ooter&tbm=isch

Here, the search travels into earth drilling n incomprehensible
production metal work.

Well, you could use two 90 degree chuck extensions:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Milwaukee-48-06-2871-Two-Speed-Right-Angle-Drive-Unit-Drill-Attachment-/122294510056
I have two of these, somewhere, maybe.

Once past making jewelry, why would a ball retention be relevant to operation ?

I thought I explained that. When the chuck is vertical and the driver
is heavy, it might fall out with a magnetic driver bit holder. Also,
if the driver is running a socket, pulling on the drill might cause
the driver bit to pop out of the chuck, instead of disconnecting at
the socket and nut. I've had that happen quite often. A ball type
retainer won't do that.

as a shock absorber ? I dunno, think fluids...my balls doahn take
much shock. Nothing like a shattered ball ruin your day.

I don't think you have to worry about shattering your balls as long as
you take the appropriate prophylactic measures.

This wud morph into the averted suggestion the waist reduces torque shock.

If you were dumb enough to insert the driver into an impact wrench,
with only the part below the groove inserted into the chuck, it will
probably break at the groove. However, that's not the way it work.
The driver bit is inserted to well above the groove, where any torque
by the impact wrench is delivered equally above and below the groove.
That eliminates any and all torque on the groove area.

At this I thank the God's for letting me slide n not tearing my hand off.

Amen.

I was thinking duhduh duh that whatever it is wudbe at Home Depot or Northern Tool.

Northern Tool has a human sales department. You can call them and get
tolerable advice. I did that when I wanted to purchase a generator
for a friend. Call for "product information":
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/contact_contact-index

I found the extension at Amazon where on first entry the elves
coughed up a list of stuff I need including a solid drill chuck
with a 3/8ths thread fir a grade 5 Mcmaster Carr rod

I don't see the problem. Just get one of these and be done with
whatever you're throwing together:
http://www.clarketooling.co.uk/tools/CHT563.jpg

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old January 4th 17, 07:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

AE !

no I did not think of impacts ...... there's one in cargo for rim removal

mechanism does not crush balls

goo.gl/6TqaCf

so all bits are from this area for whatever purpose real or not.

wire brush, excellent quality .... go McCormick !

https://www.mcmaster.com/#wire-brushes/=15rn0l0

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...l+chuck+3+8-24

buy 2' MCarr G5 rod cut as needed n blue Loctite into chuck

place rod in hole shooter n attack the manure spreader

will send photo.

what yawl never shattered a ball in a hub ? look at your acetone cleaned balls with a magnifier.
Old January 4th 17, 07:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 1:22:38 PM UTC-5, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
AE !

no I did not think of impacts ...... there's one in cargo for rim removal

mechanism does not crush balls

goo.gl/6TqaCf

so all bits are from this area for whatever purpose real or not.

wire brush, excellent quality .... go McCormick !

https://www.mcmaster.com/#wire-brushes/=15rn0l0

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...l+chuck+3+8-24

buy 2' MCarr G5 rod cut as needed n blue Loctite into chuck

place rod in hole shooter n attack the manure spreader

will send photo.

what yawl never shattered a ball in a hub ? look at your acetone cleaned balls with a magnifier.

my 1/2" hole shooter is 37 years old. I'd enjoy servicing it sounds like a '62 Sears mixer filled with water n 2B ....runs like a hole shooter.
Old January 4th 17, 07:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 1:28:28 PM UTC-5, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 1:22:38 PM UTC-5, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
AE !

no I did not think of impacts ...... there's one in cargo for rim removal

mechanism does not crush balls

goo.gl/6TqaCf

so all bits are from this area for whatever purpose real or not.

wire brush, excellent quality .... go McCormick !

https://www.mcmaster.com/#wire-brushes/=15rn0l0

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...l+chuck+3+8-24

buy 2' MCarr G5 rod cut as needed n blue Loctite into chuck

place rod in hole shooter n attack the manure spreader

will send photo.

what yawl never shattered a ball in a hub ? look at your acetone cleaned balls with a magnifier.

my 1/2" hole shooter is 37 years old. I'd enjoy servicing it sounds like a '62 Sears mixer filled with water n 2B ....runs like a hole shooter.

I fit rotary brushes on threaded rods with a self aligning washer

https://www.mcmaster.com/#self-align...shers/=15rn84h

try matching wheel plate to OD washer/rod OD ....the designs are compatible.
Old January 10th 17, 07:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 5:42:44 PM UTC-8, Emanuel Berg wrote:
He

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/drill-letter/drill.jpg

we see some familiar/interesting material.

From left to right, I think it is:

(1) a PZ2 "bit" for a bits screwdriver;

(2) a magnetic bits holder for a
drill & driver;

(3-4) two pieces for the D&D, of which the
first is a T20;

(5-6) an 8 mm socket and a "bits to socket"
adaptor; with

(7) an 8 mm socket with the bits 5/16 end
part, so no adaptor is needed; and

(8) a roof screw.

Question is, on items 2-4, there is the "female
waist" - what is the reason for this, and is
there a disadvantage without it, as with items
6 and 7?

- so far: 26 Blogomatic articles -

(A little late) This waist is because the female part into which it fits has a one piece curved sheet spring. This holds the bit in place if you point the holder down. It also works but not as well with the unwaisted parts.