Sorta bike tech

Old February 15th 17, 10:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Sorta bike tech

This is sort of bike tech, in a super-hypothetical way

https://what-if.xkcd.com/154/

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 15th 17, 10:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

https://www.google.com/#q=longest+no...ng+downhil ls

uh I remember one prob posted long time passing…desert mtb..prob NYT… kinda remember the photo….involves an Unser brother so the are is around NM.

Driving this one 2-3 times speculating on the doability …Chalo briefly opined some difficulty as this is TEXAS and that is range land with bulls….never seen but in the opinion of the rancher…

goo.gl/8awNBG

Wind is down from the Rockies. Posted a coupla photo spreads. The area is empty...from the road.

Old February 16th 17, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
W. Wesley Groleau

On 2/15/17 11:20 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
This is sort of bike tech, in a super-hypothetical way

https://what-if.xkcd.com/154/

I can remember going a half-mile uphill without pedaling,
thanks to the wind that day.

--
Wes Groleau
Old February 16th 17, 04:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 01:02:58 +0100, "W. Wesley Groleau"
wrote:

I can remember going a half-mile uphill without pedaling,
thanks to the wind that day.

And I remember going down a steep hill, pedalling as hard as I could,
and thinking that if there had been a snail on the road, it would have
been gaining on me.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Old February 16th 17, 06:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

I can remember going a half-mile uphill without pedaling,
thanks to the wind that day.

And I remember going down a steep hill, pedalling as hard as I could,
and thinking that if there had been a snail on the road, it would have
been gaining on me.

One of my favored routes in Phuket has a hill like that. It is
downhill; you can see that it is downhill... but if you stop peddling
you slow down and stop.

I've nicknamed it "Heartbreak Hill" :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old February 16th 17, 07:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Joy, running Big Apples ?

bike tech Dan O Techniques 9 September 10th 12 04:00 AM
A Sorta Vintage Bike Technical Question TomYoung Techniques 7 March 7th 08 06:46 PM
Bike Tech at it's best! Porky Techniques 0 December 15th 05 11:49 AM
Rip off of rec.bike.tech Phil, Squid-in-Training Mountain Biking 20 October 30th 05 03:47 PM
Am I in the right bike tech group? [email protected] Techniques 7 April 27th 05 08:33 AM