Cross makes CNN

Old November 2nd 04, 11:01 PM
Booker C. Bense

Old November 3rd 04, 03:36 AM
Chris

"Curtis L. Russell" wrote in message
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 11:38:38 -0800, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

Still trying to figure out if a 29er with drop bars would be legal,

29er??

That is what they call bike with fat tires over 700 rims. The total height
with the fat tires should be around 29". I can't remember who started the
recent trend but that is all I know.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Old November 3rd 04, 05:56 AM
Howard Kveck

wrote:

Still trying to figure out if a 29er with drop bars would be legal,

29er??

That is what they call bike with fat tires over 700 rims. The total height
with the fat tires should be around 29". I can't remember who started the
recent trend but that is all I know.

I don't know if he *started* the recent trend, but Gary Fisher is the
guy pushing it the hardest.

--
tanx,
Howard

"It looks like the squirrel's been showing everybody
where he keeps his nuts."

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Old November 3rd 04, 02:17 PM
Curtis L. Russell

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 19:36:44 -0800, "Chris"
wrote:

That is what they call bike with fat tires over 700 rims. The total height
with the fat tires should be around 29". I can't remember who started the
recent trend but that is all I know.

Thanks. Another trend I'm guessing I'll miss altogether.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Old November 3rd 04, 10:24 PM
Scott Hendricks

"RWM" wrote in message ...
"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
In article ,
(Papai Digital) wrote:

According to Steve S. this might be spam (you never know with him!).

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/diet.....ap/index.html

Cross makes CNN -- the Alpenrose Dairy outside of Portland, Ore.
"Cycling mudbath 'investment in health'"

-Ken

"But depending on the type of race, a cyclocross bike is not necessarily
required. You see mountain bikes, fixed-gear bikes, commuter bikes and
even unicycles -- whatever is in your garage."

Fixies? Unicycles?? What the heck are they doing in Oregon?

We have lots of fixed gear bikes, but have not seen a unicycle in WA.

I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that you DON'T have fixed gear
bikes in your 'cross races. Single-speed, yes... fixed gear, no.

Old November 3rd 04, 10:45 PM
scott patton

(Papai Digital) wrote:

According to Steve S. this might be spam (you never know with him!).

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/diet.....ap/index.html

Cross makes CNN -- the Alpenrose Dairy outside of Portland, Ore.
"Cycling mudbath 'investment in health'"

-Ken

"But depending on the type of race, a cyclocross bike is not necessarily
required. You see mountain bikes, fixed-gear bikes, commuter bikes and
even unicycles -- whatever is in your garage."

Fixies? Unicycles?? What the heck are they doing in Oregon?

We have lots of fixed gear bikes, but have not seen a unicycle in WA.

I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that you DON'T have fixed gear
bikes in your 'cross races. Single-speed, yes... fixed gear, no.

Careful Scott, I know people doing it....

Scott
--
-*- Scott Patton
-*- Colorado Springs, CO