seat adjustment

Old June 20th 05, 09:37 PM
Charles Beristain

Default seat adjustment

I'd like to move the seat on the road bike about 1/4" further forward
but I'm out of travel.. are there any detrimental issues to just
reversing the seatpost?

thanks

charlieb in ct.
Old June 20th 05, 09:56 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Charles Beristain wrote:

I'd like to move the seat on the road bike about 1/4" further forward
but I'm out of travel.. are there any detrimental issues to just
reversing the seatpost?

People used to do it on triathlon bikes before zero-layback seatposts.
No problem except aesthetics.

Old June 21st 05, 01:44 PM
Art Harris

Charles Beristain wrote:

I'd like to move the seat on the road bike about 1/4" further
forward but I'm out of travel.. are there any detrimental issues to just reversing the seatpost?

Shouldn't be a problem as long as there's enough tilt adjustment with
the seat post installed backwards.

If you're doing this because the bars seem to far away, you'd be better
off swapping to a shorter stem. Sadlle fore/aft position should be
adjusted to get the desired position relative to the BB.

Art Harris

Old June 22nd 05, 01:37 PM
Charles Beristain

On 21 Jun 2005 05:44:30 -0700, "Art Harris" wrote:

If you're doing this because the bars seem to far away, you'd be better
off swapping to a shorter stem.

yes... probably a better way to go... I went from a 120mm stem to a
100mm stem ... but a 90mm would be perfect.

thanks

charlieb in ct