The world's safest bike!

Old December 1st 17, 04:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

Default The world's safest bike!

Since the group needs some fresh meat to chew on...

http://veliso.bike
Old December 1st 17, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 12/1/2017 10:06 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:
Since the group needs some fresh meat to chew on...

http://veliso.bike

I wonder if their product will be any better than their website.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old December 1st 17, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, December 1, 2017 at 8:35:02 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 12/1/2017 10:06 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:
Since the group needs some fresh meat to chew on...

http://veliso.bike

I wonder if their product will be any better than their website.

--
- Frank Krygowski

April 1 is coming sooner (or later) than usual. I think the idea was originally patented by ShelBro.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old December 1st 17, 11:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, December 1, 2017 at 3:06:25 PM UTC, Ralph Barone wrote:
Since the group needs some fresh meat to chew on...

http://veliso.bike

Looks like an April Fool's joke, like Jay says. But I think these people are serious.

You can forget about explaining to people so paranoid and humorless about the difference between passive and active safety.

There's an additional concept that's important here, differential speed and space as observed from a bicycle and from the driving seat of an automobile. Practically, I expect this bike's warning bells to start sounding after the bicyclist is already down and in need of an ambulance. In short, useless features. I cannot see the warnings sounding in good enough time for the cyclist to assess the situation and take evasive action.

In addition, one feature that is useful on cars, differential braking on all wheels, on a two-wheel vehicle is dangerous because, as Jobst pointed out many times (and each time got nothing but grief from the usual morons), on a bicycle after you lose the front wheel, there is nothing more you can you except pray. (Well, I added the "except pray" bit for dramatic emphasis.)

Andre Jute
I love tech. Except when it is stupid.
Old December 2nd 17, 02:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 15:06:18 +0000 (UTC), Ralph Barone
wrote:

Since the group needs some fresh meat to chew on...

http://veliso.bike

Gee... and only $1175 and will be available next year, sometime.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old December 2nd 17, 02:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Bicycle Retailer has a description thru velisio in goo images

Of the electric shifter ...
Old December 3rd 17, 01:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

https://goo.gl/rVpx4Z

A positive useful app for the well heeled wet road rider as in England but for Jobst or JB or at my low performance touring level, prob not unless the device is tunable

Package shifting, ABS, and Copenahagen wheel is very spacey AMG type performance
Old December 3rd 17, 07:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m72LLEC5ZQY
Old December 3rd 17, 03:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 01/12/17 17:46, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, December 1, 2017 at 8:35:02 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 12/1/2017 10:06 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:
Since the group needs some fresh meat to chew on...

http://veliso.bike

I wonder if their product will be any better than their website.

--
- Frank Krygowski

April 1 is coming sooner (or later) than usual. I think the idea was originally patented by ShelBro.

It had ShelBro all over it to my eyes. Chain cleaning anyone....

https://www.sheldonbrown.com/chainclean.html

UK drivers amongst the safest in the world David Lang UK 3 September 12th 15 11:40 AM
Which is safest? Doug[_10_] UK 96 October 26th 10 09:03 AM
safest stem? Callistus Valerius Techniques 54 January 7th 07 08:32 PM
Safest bike parking (outdoor) in the world dgk General 16 November 5th 05 02:24 AM
Iowa drivers safest in US? Matt O'Toole General 11 June 13th 05 05:44 AM