Muni race, Schenectady NY, Sunday 30Nov

Old November 25th 08, 02:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rolandisimo

Default Muni race, Schenectady NY, Sunday 30Nov

Ride off the turkey this Sunday. I just signed up and expect a few more
local munis will too. This is a 2hr race around a surprisingly great
course. Most laps wins. We've gone to enough of these that they now
have prizes for the unicycle category.

Who's in?!

Ro

ps, I think you can register day-off at the park as well

https://www.bikereg.com/events/regis...p?eventid=5883

Plaine and Son Giving Thanks MTB race
Presented by
Outside Adventures- Heather Mason
Schenectady, NY

--
rolandisimo
Old November 28th 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rolandisimo

We are up to 3 munis in this race, with a possible 4th.
ro

--
rolandisimo
Old November 28th 08, 06:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vincelemay

I'll have to do it one day, looks like a great little trail!
Hopefully next year I'll be free that weekend.
Have fun you guys!

--
vincelemay
Old November 28th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

OK, I'm in, too. Afraid I'll come in last, but I'm in.

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
Old November 29th 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rolandisimo

cool, 4 munis in the race, I think that will be the most we've had at
this series. Means someone will be off the podium.
ro

--
rolandisimo
Old November 29th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
capuni

steveyo;1139859 wrote:
OK, I'm in, too. Afraid I'll come in last, but I'm in.

You'll beat me for sure! Without my guni, I have a hard time keeping
up with you uber-jocks.

Looking forward to Vince schooling all of us next year!

--
capuni

My 'Ride The Lobster Photo Album'
(http://gallery.mac.com/perrywoodin#100208)
Old December 5th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
capuni

There was a kid with a camera documenting the race. The uni's got some
good film time.

Here's the YouTube link
YouTube - Giving
Thanks Schenectady Mountain Bike race

Old December 6th 08, 01:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rolandisimo

cool vid!
I want to go back and just practice going over that jump!
ro

--
rolandisimo
Old December 6th 08, 02:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vincelemay

Hey cool to see a few logs and ramps on a cross-country race! So what's
the results?
I bet you could catch some air on that jump with a guni or a 36er!

--
vincelemay
Old December 6th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
capuni

vincelemay;1144316 wrote:
So what's the results?

Roland - 4 laps
Brad - 3 laps (2nd place)
Steve - 3 laps (3rd place)
Perry - 3 laps

The next race is December 21st. If you're interested, you can register
here http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=5884

A 36er might be a bit much on this course, but if anyone can do it, it
would be you Vince.

The last couple of races, I favored the 29er, but for the next race,
I'll probably go 24.

Some good race photos here
http://www.pbase.com/j_harvey/central_park_race_113008