Cippo in Twilight?

Old April 16th 04, 09:53 PM
Robert McMillen

Default Cippo in Twilight?

Although technically it's against UCI rules to drop out of a stage race to
compete in another race, it can be done. If Cippo decides not to race the
stage up Hogpen and Brasstown Bald, then he'd be 'free' to race Twilight
that evening.

-r

Old April 16th 04, 10:43 PM
Davey Crockett

"Robert McMillen" writes:

Although technically it's against UCI rules to drop out of a stage race to
compete in another race, it can be done. If Cippo decides not to race the
stage up Hogpen and Brasstown Bald, then he'd be 'free' to race Twilight
that evening.

-r

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought he would need the permission of the organizers first.

Anybody?

--
le Vent a Dos
Davey Crockett
Old April 16th 04, 11:44 PM
Randy Walton

Not that I'd make plans for it but that would be great fun. Although most
Europeans don't do as well in short crits like that with the speed that the
turns go by. Except perhaps for Gagioli...

Old April 17th 04, 03:22 AM
psycholist

"Robert McMillen" wrote in message
Although technically it's against UCI rules to drop out of a stage race to
compete in another race, it can be done. If Cippo decides not to race the
stage up Hogpen and Brasstown Bald, then he'd be 'free' to race Twilight
that evening.

-r

I've never raced in it, but I've heard from some who have that it's about
the most dangerous crit course on the planet. I can't see why Cipo would
put the balance of his season at risk to do a race that's probably only the
most minor of blips on his radar screen ... if it's there at all.

But I doubt seriously that he'll be riding Hogpen and Brasstown. I wouldn't
be surprised to see him trolling for coeds in Athens.

Bob C.

Old April 17th 04, 09:39 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 22:22:14 -0400, "psycholist"
wrote:

I've never raced in it, but I've heard from some who have that it's about
the most dangerous crit course on the planet.

Who said that?

JT
Old April 17th 04, 11:30 AM
Evan Evans

If J. Dickson could get $$$ out of the deal he would allow anything.
It's all about money.
Old April 17th 04, 02:48 PM
Paul

It is a very dangerous course when you have nearly 200 riders going for the
sharp, downhill, off camber turn one. I read somewhere that this year Dixon
would limit it to 100 riders. That would be much safer.

Paul

Old April 18th 04, 12:35 AM
Bob Schwartz

psycholist wrote:
But I doubt seriously that he'll be riding Hogpen and Brasstown. I wouldn't
be surprised to see him trolling for coeds in Athens.

Savannah. There is no beach in Athens.

Bob Schwartz