TODAYS RIDE

Old March 9th 16, 03:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default TODAYS RIDE

On 3/9/2016 9:08 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 8:12:12 AM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/8/2016 6:46 PM,
wrote:
On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 9:07:48 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 4:06:56 PM UTC-5, wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...de1_story.html

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/index_loop.php

9:07

bbbbbbzzzzzzzz

http://blogs.agu.org/wildwildscience/2016/03/08/40807/

Preliminary indications are that globally, February was the warmest month ever recorded, passing January, which held the record for only 30 days.

change is normal:
https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...d-air-outbreak

Below south central Wisconsin is 50 meters of limestone
from a warm tropic sea and we were once a mile deep in ice
at another time. If you don't like the weather, wait a minute.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

wanna pop wit ura pork ?

On Capitol Hill.

The Senate today again takes up a bill to fight the nationwide opiate crisis. The measure would provide hundreds of millions in funding for anti-heroin programs.

The heroin epidemic has grown largely out of a dependence on legal opioid painkillers and has spread to white, urban, suburban and rural areas. Nationwide, 125 people a day die from drug overdoses, 78 of them from heroin and painkillers.

////////////////////////////

ditch !

And yet, despite (or maybe due to) a 100 year worldwide
heroin ban, untold billions spent, myriad lives ruined,
distortion of other markets, institutional corruption etc
it's more pure, cheaper, more available than ever. Great
example of government's efficiency. "Once a problem is
solved, the money stops"

Old March 9th 16, 03:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
[...]

https://goo.gl/nXR0Q6

YEAH was surprised tho I hear tails the total picture doesn't flow by.

I bought my used $ea kayak in an area noted for NE drug vacationers n habitués actually rumored thru the NYT. Cruising thru, if you know, you can smell it.

I read of the 1890's+ dosage leading to Hoover/McCarthy et al vs Lenin International

program$ often melt into the sands of time.
Old March 9th 16, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

why they locked Larson away ...

https://goo.gl/Wh6lP8

Old March 9th 16, 03:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 10:32:18 AM UTC-5, wrote:
why they locked Larson away ...

https://goo.gl/Wh6lP8

not as populous as drum brakes n leaf springs.

https://goo.gl/vsgtRM

https://goo.gl/WFHSpV

https://goo.gl/JxJrNo
Old March 9th 16, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 3/9/2016 8:12 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/8/2016 6:46 PM, wrote:
On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 9:07:48 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 4:06:56 PM UTC-5, wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...de1_story.html

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/index_loop.php

9:07

bbbbbbzzzzzzzz

http://blogs.agu.org/wildwildscience/2016/03/08/40807/

Preliminary indications are that globally, February was the warmest
month ever recorded, passing January, which held the record for only
30 days.

change is normal:
https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...d-air-outbreak

Below south central Wisconsin is 50 meters of limestone from a warm
tropic sea and we were once a mile deep in ice at another time. If you
don't like the weather, wait a minute.

Or an eon, apparently.

But the existence of eon-scale changes doesn't have much to do with the
extra-rapid changes of the last hundred years.

It was maybe 20+ years ago that I happened on a little article noting a
weird anomaly. A person was studying the data contained in the diaries
of farmers and gardeners, going back over a hundred years. They found
to their surprise that the farmers' recorded dates for "final frost"
showed a strong and clear trend. The final frosts were getting earlier
all the time.

Sounds great if your priority is fresh tomatoes as soon as possible. But
fresh tomatoes are not the most important problem we face.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 9th 16, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

I'm curious about what strategy you'd advise.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 9th 16, 05:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
[...]

Yeah change takes eons. Or maybe not.
Ever wonder why the flash-frozen mammoths in Siberia have
fresh buttercups in their stomachs? Truly flash-frozen in
ice. Not one or two anectdotal mammoths either, but
significantly large numbers over a wide area. (there are
even more which have popped up through melting permafrost
and are hence no longer preserved. Mammoth ivory harvesting
is an active industry)

Old March 9th 16, 05:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/9/2016 9:08 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 8:12:12 AM UTC-5, AMuzi
wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I have no idea but who ever could defend the current
protocol despite any evidence? If it's hopeless let's stop
spending.

There's prior experience on that:
http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_Am21.html

The great majority of Americans and 38 of their their state
legislatures decided one day that they had erred earlier. It
can happen.

Old March 9th 16, 06:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 3/9/2016 9:08 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 8:12:12 AM UTC-5, AMuzi
wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Yes, I'm aware of that prior example. So are you saying we should try
to control opiates only as closely as we control alcohol (i.e. not much
at all)?

Seems to me there are very significant differences between the two.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 9th 16, 06:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

Yes, I've wondered about that.

--
- Frank Krygowski

TODAYS RIDE T0m $herman Techniques 104 October 20th 15 10:45 PM
TODAYS RIDE 3 [email protected] Techniques 19 October 6th 14 03:00 AM
Todays ride (which GPS?) ... elyob UK 26 August 1st 05 02:02 PM
On todays ride... Chris UK 10 May 31st 05 10:04 AM
Todays ride Ken General 3 May 3rd 05 08:35 PM