TODAYS RIDE

Old January 29th 16, 01:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default TODAYS RIDE

long time....check the din hp/liter of then visavee now.

`carbon/Kevlar...TITANIUM..even AL Alloys n steel. In that time reciprocating airplane motors went from maybe to no problem.
Daytona is asshole deep in Ferrari's. Once for Porsche.
30+ ?

There's Ferari clubmans. Visit the Clubbers at Ferrari Challenge Ferrari NA or thru the Daytona or IMSA site. worth the trip.

then 2 classes of serious racing in the 24 hour with 3-4 professionals.

Qualifying happened, as it were, in a rain. EYYYYYhahhaha. I toldem to shut up n leave me be but no....the TT. My background with sports journalists doesn't include this crowd deafinitely several cuts below Metro NY/Boston more on the odor of ....

2-3 lap into GTLeMans which is serious, the non factory factory Ferrari malfunctioned into turn one slid sideways across the broad escape or wiiiiddde turn apron, lost it completely halfway across maybe hmmmm 150' continued haplessly at speed sideways into a tire wall. Broadside.

A sight. Yawl know of Cale Yarbrough's suborbital ? well, vinyl/carbon has really done the job.

Was on top of 3 bashing contacs with plastic impact wall as mentioned, one end of guardrail triangular tire mound not too large maybe 10' apex 15' base 5 feet high...the wall spronged ! Broooowwwing. the uh Porsche drove away after a brief check for brain trauma n steering. This, and I watched one in 2007-8? split the 911+ in 2 for an hour out...was once fatal.

and this last broadside.

amazing.

the stand stretch dooooooown the front straight for one mile ! A TT sez the engineer added 7" on ends compensating for Earth curvature.

CHEOPS.

walking out does the trick as somewhere east of the plaza at the S/F Line total steel n concrete mass seeping into the mind begins blowing fuses.

Walked past one glass walled Deli thought maybe I could catch the bus into Jersey.

In the beginning, 3 days for $12 at Watkins there was a shack n several miles of snowfence...red slats.

I was away for a long time there n on return with cable n laptop at the Beach tuned into the CHINESE GP complete with Kevlar suspensions n wheels coming off with a safety rope between....WTF !

The AMG Benz is DNShow. Rahal's BMW Sedan subs in GTLeMans. Blimpish relative to the field.

Old January 30th 16, 05:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 8:59:43 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

front row qualified in rain....2 factory 911's tops Nick Tandy

Catch 23.....qualifying was qualified so Tandy starts 22. THEY have a Russian on the Pole. conejo asado !

Old January 31st 16, 01:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 12:07:16 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

http://goo.gl/UR6LiK
DINNER. BALMY.

Oh no...... the Deltawing, improved 1000% was flying in the top five....zoooom down the back straight and turn. Cudnah turn before without dragging its rear. !!!

http://wtop.com/motorsports/2016/01/...24-at-daytona/

I wuz on my way here down the mile long mezzanine walkway, watching the long train of lights come by at 160 when yellow came on.

Looking right...unlit car in the middle of dark turn one.

Turn one is kinda hidden from the 160-180 mph front straight and runs maybe 50-60 mph.

I shouted RED RED RED RED as the cornerman waved and with c0nsiderable skill, a large yellow flag no one on track would see.

This was anther Memo Gidly moment, a McDonald fireball right there in front of 1000 specs.'

RED RED....3 small groups went low an high then a large group followed by 2 cars locked together more than yellow.

One low one started high but straight on into the stalled car after a move right into the stalled car.

The mover bounced on into a tire wall abt 150' away
..
A PA voice said. No one was killed.

Yellow by committee ?

Awful. USUK

The race is very reliable. Top ten shuffling back n up for gas stops for 3 hours with loss of a few cars.

Several very smooth fast runners going at 24 speeds but fast.

Fords have pushbutton shifTinG goes PIP PIP PIP PIP... a Chrysler mechanism ?

Go PIP PIP into the Pits Pits.....

Factory Porsche, Corvette BMW bombing along.

Its Saturday night at the Speedway like going to the Flicks for the locals. Mom Pop n kids.
Old January 31st 16, 12:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

.
A PA voice said. No one was killed.

Yellow by committee ?

Awful. USUK

The race is very reliable. Top ten shuffling back n up for gas stops for 3 hours with loss of a few cars.

Several very smooth fast runners going at 24 speeds but fast.

Fords have pushbutton shifTinG goes PIP PIP PIP PIP... a Chrysler mechanism ?

Go PIP PIP into the Pits Pits.....

Factory Porsche, Corvette BMW bombing along.

Its Saturday night at the Speedway like going to the Flicks for the locals. Mom Pop n kids.

////////////////////////

Dwing passes under yellow...

http://www.motorsport.com/imsa/news/...lex-24-670688/
Old January 31st 16, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 1/31/2016 6:34 AM, wrote:
[...]

Uh, seven cars went around it and one guy plowed straight
into it. Sorta like cycling in the city in some ways.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old January 31st 16, 10:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

since 1 April, 1971

?! YELLOW LED'S EVERYWHERE. The bowl is alive with light, the long yellow flag train of red/blue from rear with assorted light bars on roof, yellw n white spts in front as the train turns toward you. Whoa !

Maintain position, reduce speed under yellow. So the 2 running into the Oreca were not, the Dwing was closing, both braked at the Oreca then the Dwing pulled right then straight on...into the Oreca from a some distance away,.....uh hmmmm...75'

Intent.

Question was more the Oreca ? did the driver know the whatever ws failing before pit road then passed pit road ending up stalled at where ?

at the end of pit road.

This is normal FUBAR.

I heard, the flagman or station captain is the sole decision maker...I guess if he got on the radio for RED then the cars would stop.

Looked like that flagman, possibly the crew, was relieved .

I have 2 incidents as a spectator shouting at the cornerman for a heads up on track fluids once ignored n the second time acknowledged but what we, there were 2 of us, saw was seeable from above not at track level. We were on a second floor terrace at the end of Long Beach straight..the one once led to Watson's Hairpin.

Working thru these incidents, the first a barrier basher, the second crashing uh 1 or 2 Indy Lights (?) into a spider web fence, the idea surfaced that the corner workers are not examining surface texture before the race thus when liquids...the first swamp dew the second coolant,,, appear the surface change goes unrecognized.

NO ONE EXAMINED THE ROAD SURFACE

Mitä siellä JOS ET KATSOtienpinnan ?

NASCAR who owns the esteamed IMSA group finagles yellows for TV. Yellow happen.

The last, now a tradition, yellow has twice screwed one of our favorite people, The Taylors (website) who run a father son team at the highest level of US road racing performance. Parade.

This time THEY set up a yellow with a stalled Oreca on the apron outside Turn One. That led to a driver change from Euro Amatuer who could not dent Taylor's lead with Felipe who blew off Taylor from abt a mile away without breathing hard. Filipe has a F1 type enduro car while Taylor drives a real steel US Can Am car.

Of note and a comtinuing lesson...Ganassihad an awfulweekend with all 4 Fords, two new cars going to Lemans for the 50th anniversary of blowing Ferrari into the weeds with US TECH PIP PIP PIP and last years winner beating themselves with bits falling off. Ganaasi who knows the biz had 4 cars and 14 drivers.

CHIP, QUICK NAME ALL 14 ...

avoid 4 cars and 14 drivers, if possible, right Andy ?
Old February 1st 16, 07:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 5:15:56 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

http://goo.gl/TDQ4WS

45 to 80 3 days....

Filipe drives for a series sponsor.

We're sitting on a hilltop sand road out in the ONF covered with tomato beetles !

one taking a lap around the steering wheel.
Old February 4th 16, 12:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

https://goo.gl/d6aABt
Old February 5th 16, 01:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 7:49:47 AM UTC-5, wrote:
https://goo.gl/d6aABt

http://jwst.nasa.gov/webcam.html
Old February 6th 16, 12:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 8:55:42 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 7:49:47 AM UTC-5, wrote:
https://goo.gl/d6aABt

http://jwst.nasa.gov/webcam.html

https://goo.gl/njlXfk

Tour de Crane

TODAYS RIDE T0m $herman Techniques 104 October 20th 15 10:45 PM
TODAYS RIDE 3 [email protected] Techniques 19 October 6th 14 03:00 AM
Todays ride (which GPS?) ... elyob UK 26 August 1st 05 02:02 PM
On todays ride... Chris UK 10 May 31st 05 10:04 AM
Todays ride Ken General 3 May 3rd 05 08:35 PM