Colnago Titanio question

Old July 22nd 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lee

Default Colnago Titanio question

A quick question...

I have the option of buying either a '99 Colnago Titanio or an '02 Titanio
frame.

The price, sizes and condition are all the same, the only difference is in
the downtube. The '02 does not have carbon or B stays, so other than the
downtube, I believe the frames are identical.

The '99 has an oversized round downtube, while the '02 has a shaped
aerodynamic downtube (round on the leading edge, shaped to a point on the
trailing edge.

This may be picking nits, but will there be any difference in the ride of
these two frames, or will it be purely esthetic?

Thanks,

Lee

Old July 22nd 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Lee wrote:
A quick question...

I have the option of buying either a '99 Colnago Titanio or an '02 Titanio
frame.

The price, sizes and condition are all the same, the only difference is in
the downtube. The '02 does not have carbon or B stays, so other than the
downtube, I believe the frames are identical.

The '99 has an oversized round downtube, while the '02 has a shaped
aerodynamic downtube (round on the leading edge, shaped to a point on the
trailing edge.

This may be picking nits, but will there be any difference in the ride of
these two frames, or will it be purely esthetic?

Thanks,

Lee

I can't comment on the difference in rides, but I can say that there
has been a problem with bonding carbon as it degrades over time,
considering that the 99 has bonded carbon 7 years old I would suggest
the 02 be the wisest choice.

Old July 23rd 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Lee wrote:
They're both 100% 6/4 titanium frames.

Lee

wrote in message
oups.com...

Lee wrote:
[...]

Sorry, I interpreted "The '02 does not have carbon or B stays" to mean
that the 99 does.
Well then I can't help you on any technical mater.

Old July 23rd 06, 09:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ron Ruff

Lee wrote:
This may be picking nits, but will there be any difference in the ride of
these two frames, or will it be purely esthetic?

The aero tube will have a little better aero performance, and the round
tube should have better torsional stiffness (assuming the weights are
similar).