Comments on Lance about Ullrich

Old August 1st 03, 05:11 PM
rope

Default Comments on Lance about Ullrich

So everyone is arguing about what Lance said with Ullrich not waiting.

A lot of people here take what one person say and twists it.

I think Ullrich may have waited a little, or maybe started waiting right
before Tyler caught him. Not before that. Read that, I am not saying
Ullrich attacked, I don't think he could, I think he kept riding his tempo,
still looking back. Remember that Ullrich said he expected to lose 2
minutes on Luz Ardiden, so to ride his tempo and not attack was smart, no
one would accuse him of being unsportman like, he could keep his rhythm
instead of shutting it down.

Then there are those on this newsgroup that say "how wrong for Lance to
attack right when he caught up". If you idiots looked at the tape you see
that Mayo attacked again right when Lance was coming through, then Lance
bridged (10 -15 metres) and the counter attacked immediateley.

I like both Lance and Ullrich equally and could care less which one won it.
I think Ullrich is a bigger engine, but Lance has better tactics, and a
better eye for things (in my opinion). When Jan is fit he is used to
putting down a good hard rhythm for a long time and people just breaking.
Didn't happen this year, hopefully next.

Rope