Bikes

Old August 3rd 03, 01:33 AM
Ronaldo Jeremiah

Default Bikes

Dave M Wyman wrote in message news:J0UWa.50281$o%2.24576@sccrnsc02...
Jiyang Chen wrote:

What brand and model of bikes do you people own? What groupsets? What
wheels do you use for training and racing?

Serious responses please.

Jiyang Chen

Road: 1961 Follis - got it new and it was the first 10 speed in the
'hood. It still has several original components, including the
handlebars (kind of narrow), gooseneck, Simplex front der (a "suicide"
stick shift mounted on the downtube), and bizarre Beborex sidepull
brakes. In 1975, several components were upgraded (and frankly the
choices I made were not always in the best taste): Huret Jubilee rear
der, Phil Wood hubs, Sugino cranks. Recent addtions: Super Champion
rims, basic Icon clipless pedals. Accessories: 1962 French leather
"hairnet" helmet and my 1976 La Grange (Peugot) club jersey, which
almost fits me.

Mtb: 2001 Specialzed Stumpjumper with a few upgraded components
(Eggbeater pedals, better brakes) - it's got the lower gears I need for
steep climbs on dirt or pavement. When I'm not on the Follis, but
chasing after roadies, the Stumpy is equipped with narrow Continental
Grand Prix tires.

Dave

Peoples' bikes sure seem to have a lot of extra junk on them.

Mine: Easton aluminum frame. Steel bars. Steel stem. Seatpost,
saddle. Suntour cranks. One gear, 50 x 15. Disc wheel in back, Zipp
440 in front, Conti Tempos. Campy pedals w/ clips and dbl. straps, of
course.

Incidentally, my tool bag isn't attached to the saddle. I just leave
it on the infield.

-RJ
Old August 3rd 03, 06:56 AM
Gerard Lanois

"Jiyang Chen" writes:

What brand and model of bikes do you people own? What groupsets? What
wheels do you use for training and racing?

Serious responses please.

Jiyang Chen

'90 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra (Columbus SLX)
Dura Ace 8 speed, mid-period 7400 series, w/ STI upgrade
wheels are Mavic Open Pro SUP 32H 3x 14g (straight), brass nips

-Gerard
(due for a new bike, been saying that for 5+ years now)

Science Proves Mountain Biking Is More Harmful Than Hiking Stephen Baker Mountain Biking 18 July 16th 04 04:28 AM
Frequently Asked Questions about Mountain Biking BB Mountain Biking 31 July 4th 04 02:35 AM
Danny-boy flails some more! (was: Advice on a good hardtail.) Jonesy Mountain Biking 31 June 18th 04 08:01 PM
Ghost Bikes Garrison Hilliard General 0 June 12th 04 06:31 PM
£40,000 of Giant bikes stolen -Little Tricycle Pink Pink 10" David L Mountain Biking 0 November 5th 03 10:06 PM