Trek Carbon TT bike

Old October 10th 03, 06:26 PM
elambi

Default Trek Carbon TT bike

Hello,

I have some questions about the Trek carbon TT bike.

A) Does their size Small really equate to 53-55cm, or is that just the
distance from the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube? They do
not list this measurement on their chart. The "Effective Top Tube" is
only 51.4cm, which would normally be a very small bike, but the
standover is relatively high at 76.8. What I'm really trying to
figure out is if the bike will fit me . . . I usually select a 50cm
OCLV, but a 52cm would work fine for me also. I spent one season on a
54cm . . . I was told by the bike shop that sold it to me and my
coach that it fit good enough, but I was never really happy with it.
The obvious solution would be to try one, but I don't know any shops
that stock these things, let alone in size small. Anyone who has one
of these or a shop that has sold them, I'd appreciate any info you
could give.

B)What really got me interested in this thing is that they now offer the
complete bike in a model they call "Equinox 11". It has crappy (105)
components, but the whole bike MSRP is *only* $3300 (as if that's not
a lot of money for a bike). Anyway, from what I can gather from Trek's
website, this is the same price they charge for the frameset only,
although you do get a different (better?) fork with the frameset only.
I find it hard to believe that this is the case (whole bike
MSRP=frameset MSRP). Does anyone know if this is accurate, and if not,
what is the frameset only MSRP? I could obviously go ask my trek
dealer, but was hoping someone here would know off the top of their
head (Mike?). My purchase of the bike is not emminent, so I didn't
want them to waste their time with phone calls or what not to look up
the prices. This would be more something I would save for and buy
early summer if I chose to go this route.

Thanks,

Eric Lambi