Anyone used 1 1/8 to 1" headset adapters?

Old April 29th 04, 01:14 AM
res09c5t

Default Anyone used 1 1/8 to 1" headset adapters?

Hi,
I'm considering buying a frame with a 1 1/8" head tube but would like to use
my 1" threaded Wound Up fork. Quality Bike Parts has an adapter set that
would allow me to do this. Does this work well? Does it add much height to
the stack?

Thanks!
Lyle

Old April 29th 04, 12:31 PM
Ben Reuter

I've used this- I believe I ordered it directly from Wheels (same place
that sells the cassette spacers for Campy to Shimano and vice versa). It
worked well- added very little stack height. The only problem came when it
was time to remove the headset- the HS came out attached to the spacers- it
is very difficult to removed the HS without the spacers being removed

Old April 29th 04, 05:04 PM
biciman

I've got a set, new in sealed bag.
Made by Wheels Manufacturing, CNC machined black anodized. $9 shipped.

"res09c5t" wrote in message .. .
Sorry. I meant to get this in the tech group but got it here by accident.

.. .