2004 Campagnolo Rear Derailleur Flaw?

Old February 14th 04, 01:03 AM
David Jones

Default 2004 Campagnolo Rear Derailleur Flaw?

I was having trouble (unusual amount) adjusting an '04 Record rear
derailleur. Looking from the rear at the jockey wheels, (and no tension on
cable and no chain) that the pulley's were kicked in left towards the 2nd
sprocket. So, I go the adjust the outer limit screw per the manual and I
see it's NOT moving! Then I noticed a really strange thing the lower plate
that houses the pulleys IS TOUCHING THE DERAILLEUR BODY! This can not be
right. I've set-up and adjusted a few Campagnolo Record/Chorus 9/10
drive-trains and I don't remember this.

Is this only my derailleur or have any of you shop guys out there seen the
same thing??

Regards,
David

Old February 14th 04, 02:55 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

djones- So, I go the adjust the outer limit screw per the manual and I
see it's NOT moving! Then I noticed a really strange thing the lower plate
that houses the pulleys IS TOUCHING THE DERAILLEUR BODY!

Is this only my derailleur or have any of you shop guys out there seen the
same thing??

I have done a few of 2004 rear ders and sometimes the spring in the lower pivot
rotates the cage into the body. I pull the cage down and away to set the lower
limit before I put on the chain, then fine adjust it..no big deal.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302