Modest Improvement on the trail bike

Old October 3rd 03, 07:54 PM
Badger South

Default Modest Improvement on the trail bike

Since Aug 12th, looking at my training logs, I've cut a full 4
min off the part of my ride that I time, a difficult course
through the woods of about 5 miles.

In Aug I was hitting times around 20". Today I did the timed
part of the course in 15:30.

Would I be best served by trying to schedule 2 a day rides, or
should I try to increase the milage?

I'm a retired 50-something baby-boomer, with a bit of bursitis
in one hip, thus the modest goals.

TIA,

-B

Old October 4th 03, 05:09 AM
Badger South

In article ,
MisNomer wrote:
Congradulations on the improvement! Thats 15 to 20 miles per hour!

My goals is just to go where the spirit moves me for about an hour and hope for
improvement. So far so good. Can make it up hills with less "out of
breathness", speed is increasing. But the most important thing is to enjoy the
ride and not be too concerned with times and mileage.

Never too late
take care
Liz

Hey, that is pretty cool. Uh, but I may have over-estimated the
distance a little, b/c I'm pretty sure I'm not going that fast.
What is the average speed of a 'middle of the pack' rider?

Anyway, I'm reasonably happy with the time improvement. I didn't
expect that much improvement in just a few weeks.

I'm also pleased that I've been riding every day, and haven't
missed but two days because of Hurricane Isabel. I guess I can
be excused, b/c, haha, the trail was under about 3 feet of
water. Today was the first day the trail had all the trees
cleared off and the sand dunes plowed. I actually took a tree
saw and cut three of the smaller trees into pieces two weeks
ago. That was an adventure!

Thanks for the advice. Are you riding the roads or the trails?
Street or Trail bike?

(Cool handle by the way! ;-) )

-Badger