Calling all ottawa unicyclists!

Old March 28th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Calling all ottawa unicyclists!

Sorry! I got sick and couldn't show! So, I was at home alseep and my
phone was off.

--
Eroick
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

Old March 28th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Mr. Dawson wrote:
I think you guys need to work on planning your Ottawa Meetings better
next time.

Did any of us know that you were coming? My plan was always to meet
back at City Hall at 1:30, but the other guys talked me out of it
because the one late-comer who we were expecting (Victory) (supposedly)
had Karl's cell number and was supposed to call when he arrived.

If i had any idea that there were more folks coming, i would have made
sure to have stuck with the original plan. I hate people who snake off
and leave others stranded, so i certainly wouldn't have done it to
someone else, intentionally. I'm sorry that we did that to you.

If you're ever in town again for a ride, i'll sure as hell be at the
right place at the right time, so it doesn't happen again.

Any chance you'll be around this coming weekend? A few of us may want
to go out again. Sunday looks like it may be okay, weather-wise.

--
hecklar
hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917

Old March 28th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

he told me, but I guess that I forgot when I said that I would be sick
at 6am with a headache. Im sorry, it was without a doubt my fault. Ill
make sure to have some more organization next time, and Ill be there
too!

Im home today but almost fully recovered. Im riding around inside on
the old norco

Old March 28th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

K so for this comming weekend, same time same meeting spot? Or another
spot?

--
ntappin

Old March 29th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

ntappin wrote:
K so for this comming weekend, same time same meeting spot? Or another
spot?

If it's on Sunday's the earliest I can ever make it is 1:30-2:00...
Saturdays I'm flexible. It would be good if we meet at someone's house
or figure a way that the out of towners could get hold of
someone...(cell phone's aren't always heard) or make it that when plans
are to meet back somewhere not to change them.

--
Victory
Victory's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10062

Old March 29th 06, 06:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I'm up for anything. I liv downtown, so as long as it's down here, i'm
available to meet at any time. Just let me know.

My suggestion, if Victory's earliest time is 1:30, is that we meet
closer to that time. It'll be a bit of a drag if everyone else is
already tired, and he just arrives. My 2c, anyway.

Old March 29th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Yeah I agree, because even if he had made it up with us at 1:30 we were
already winding down.

So why don't we say we meet at 1:30 at city hall again? or would
another area be more preferable, maybe somewhere with better parking or
something? I don't drive so I don't know where this would be but
whatever works.

--
ntappin

Old March 29th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

man i wish there were more unicyclists in my area...then i could do
something like this...i think theres like 3 people in this whole city
who ride

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/fculm)

koebwil wrote:
I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

Old March 29th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

trials_uni wrote:
man i wish there were more unicyclists in my area...then i could do
something like this...i think theres like 3 people in this whole city
who ride

So drive or take the bus to TO. There are all sorts of riders there.
There are even clubs and meetings there.

And it isn't like we ride together that much anyway. 90% of the time
that i go out, i'm by myself, even though Ryan livs like 10 blocks
away. Last weekend was probably the 3rd time that i've been involved
with a group ride in 2.5 years. It's better to ride with other folks,
but i'm fine on my own too.

You're always welcome to come ride with us though.

OK, let's make the ride scheduled for 1:30, and we'll try to stick
around the area until 2, just in case Victory is a little late. I
think that City Hall is a decent place to meet too. It's wide open, so
that even if we get a little bored of waiting and want to **** around
on the surrounding stairs, ledges, whatever, we are still in sight of
everyone else. I guess it's up to Victory and his parking limitations
though. What do you say, Victory?