Edward Dolan & Tom Sherman

Old December 2nd 03, 03:52 PM
trembler50

Default Edward Dolan & Tom Sherman

Being a relative newby and having noticed that you guys post a lot here,
mostly commenting on politics rather than bicycles, the following
occurred to me:-

1. Do either of you own (and/or ride) a bicycle or even a recumbent?

2. Do you ever go out?

3. Do either of you have proper jobs?

4. Are you actually the same person?

Just interested. Awaiting your response.

I expect it to be, as it always is, polite, succinct, meaningful and
devoid of any political commentary.

Old December 3rd 03, 03:45 PM
Edward Dolan

trembler50 wrote in message ...

Being a relative newby and having noticed that you guys post a lot here,
mostly commenting on politics rather than bicycles, the following
occurred to me:-

1. Do either of you own (and/or ride) a bicycle or even a recumbent?

2. Do you ever go out?

3. Do either of you have proper jobs?

4. Are you actually the same person?

Just interested. Awaiting your response.

I expect it to be, as it always is, polite, succinct, meaningful and
devoid of any political commentary.

I am unable to respond to your post as I am tongue tied unless I can
make political commentary. The main problem with ARBR in case you
haven' t noticed it is that liberals have taken it over and use it to
cram down our throats their despicable and vile political commentary.
I am opposing their commentary the best I can with my own conservative
commentary. Until this battle is consummated I do not see how I can
ever get back to recumbent related posts.

I see myself as almost a lone voice crying in the wilderness for
sanity among all the insanity prevailing here on ARBR. I feel like a
prophet right out of the Old Testament admonishing the sinners to get
right with the Lord. Alas, they don't listen to me and continue in
their sinful ways. Perdition awaits them if they continue on this
wayward course, but I don't see why they should drag the rest of the
country down to hell with them.

I will soldier on here on ARBR despite all the calumny hurled upon me.
I think all the hard core liberals are kill filing me so that I won't
have to bear their insults much in the future. However, Mr. Sherman
and I are locked into a dance to the death. We would both rather rule
in Hell than serve in Heaven! All I can suggest to you is that you get
use to us as neither one of us is going to go away any time soon.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota
Old December 4th 03, 12:43 AM
John Foltz

trembler50 wrote:
Being a relative newby and having noticed that you guys post a lot here,
mostly commenting on politics rather than bicycles, the following
occurred to me:-

1. Do either of you own (and/or ride) a bicycle or even a recumbent?

Tom, at least, rides 'bents. IIRC he has a Sunset Lowracer as well
as the Tailwind shown he
http://www.ransbikes.com/Gallery/Archive/Sherman.htm
--

John Foltz --- O _
Baron --- _O _ V-Rex 24 --- _\\/\-%)

Old December 4th 03, 09:07 AM
Dean Arthur

Default politics and healthn

trembler50 wrote:

Being a relative newby and having noticed that you guys post a lot here,
mostly commenting on politics rather than bicycles, the following
occurred to me:-

1. Do...you own (and/or ride) a bicycle or even a recumbent?

This party rides a BikeE [only 'bent cheap enough] as often as western
Wyoming permits at 5800' to 6300' ASL.

2. Do you ever go out?

Every day the wind doesn't howl up my pant legs and doesn't freeze my
cheeks and other tender body parts.

3. Do either of you have proper jobs?

This party did, til co-workers' carelessness ultimately cost me my job.

4. Are you actually the same person?

Not the two originally referenced.

Old December 5th 03, 12:26 AM
PreciousBbird

Ed - you are not alone. I too live in MN and am proud to be a
conservative and a co-founder of the group "Musicians Against
Subsidies." I avoid political commentary on this site because I see so
little real thought behind it that it is not worth my time. I prefer to
watch my parrot regurgitate rather than respond to the political
regurgitations on some of the topics on this site.

I avoid the OT and wish more people would identify their topics as such
(as appropriate). Too often I have jumped in to read an intriguing topic
and it turns out to be a harangue of sorts.

But I do love my HepCat and appreciate the advice I have gotten on
this site!

I just thought you would like to know you are not alone. :-)

Old December 5th 03, 06:53 AM
Edward Dolan

PreciousBbird wrote in message ...

Ed - you are not alone. I too live in MN and am proud to be a
conservative and a co-founder of the group "Musicians Against
Subsidies." I avoid political commentary on this site because I see so
little real thought behind it that it is not worth my time. I prefer to
watch my parrot regurgitate rather than respond to the political
regurgitations on some of the topics on this site.

I avoid the OT and wish more people would identify their topics as such
(as appropriate). Too often I have jumped in to read an intriguing topic
and it turns out to be a harangue of sorts.

But I do love my HepCat and appreciate the advice I have gotten on
this site!

I just thought you would like to know you are not alone. :-)

You should only have a look at the OT when you want some comic relief
from all the seriousness that goes on here with respect to recumbent
related topics. I am dying of laughter at all the indignant and angry
than anything on the boob tube. I would suggest that you let
everything you read here in the OT world go in one ear and out the
other, preferably making no connection at all with your brain. That
way you can enjoy these threads and wonder who is going to say what
next.

We Minnesotans have got to stick together. I would like to see your
parrot do his regurgitations sometime. It would be better than having
to put up with these liberal regurgitations of age old nonsense which
has never worked and will never work, human nature being what it is.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota
Old December 6th 03, 06:31 AM
Tom Sherman

John Foltz wrote:

trembler50 wrote:
Being a relative newby and having noticed that you guys post a lot here,
mostly commenting on politics rather than bicycles, the following
occurred to me:-

1. Do either of you own (and/or ride) a bicycle or even a recumbent?

Tom, at least, rides 'bents. IIRC he has a Sunset Lowracer as well
as the Tailwind shown he
http://www.ransbikes.com/Gallery/Archive/Sherman.htm

Hey! I resemble that remark.

Earth Cycles Sunset Lowracer [TM]:
http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/sunset/Sunset001.jpg

Earth Cycles Dragonflyer [TM]:
http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/df1a.jpg

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth
Old December 6th 03, 07:44 AM
Mark Leuck

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

John Foltz wrote:

trembler50 wrote:
Being a relative newby and having noticed that you guys post a lot

here,
mostly commenting on politics rather than bicycles, the following
occurred to me:-

1. Do either of you own (and/or ride) a bicycle or even a recumbent?

Tom, at least, rides 'bents. IIRC he has a Sunset Lowracer as well
as the Tailwind shown he
http://www.ransbikes.com/Gallery/Archive/Sherman.htm

Hey! I resemble that remark.

Earth Cycles Sunset Lowracer [TM]:
http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/sunset/Sunset001.jpg

What is that dark thing on the front wheel? disc brake?

Old December 6th 03, 08:50 AM
Tom Sherman

Mark Leuck wrote:
Earth Cycles Sunset Lowracer [TM]:
http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/sunset/Sunset001.jpg

What is that dark thing on the front wheel? disc brake?

It is a protective disc that keeps the chain from hitting the spokes if
one elects to NOT use the return side front chain idler.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth
Old December 9th 03, 01:46 AM
DH

You're a member of 'Musicians Against Subsidies'?

Wait a minute, I spent 20 years in the military as a, in essence,
subsidized musician. In an ideal world, should I fork over my pension?
City symphonies seem to be begging for money or else they go under. Is
your stance for real ... or is this just a joke ... or is this fourth
glass of wine clouding my view of things?

In Western Europe almost _every_ village has a subsidized musical group.

..... or did I misunderstand your stand .... oh, nevermind