Enough with the OT politics!

Old January 27th 04, 04:05 PM
Steve Christensen

Default Enough with the OT politics!

Enough!

Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it
to a political NG?

If someone writes something politically stupid or offensive, with which you
disagree - just let it go. You aren't going to win, you aren't going to
convince anyone of anything, and by now it only looks as if you are doing it for
your ego.

Let it go, or take it elsewhere.

Steve Christensen
Midland, MI

Old January 27th 04, 11:27 PM
Christopher Jordan

This goes over, over and over; and pleas to stop it are ignored by a
small few each time. You just cannot talk sense into a bullheaded
minority 'bent' to make it miserable for everyone who does not give a
tinkers damn about OT screw ups. And I thought the bent was part of
recumbent

Must be very uncomfy dispelling all that gas... yap yap yap.. must
dispel it somehow. ;-)

Meanwhile, the sane few must pick and plod for the human powered
bicycle morsels.

Good luck stopping the OT insanity, I tried but couldn't slow it down.

Chris Jordan
Santa Cruz, CA.

Old January 27th 04, 11:42 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On 27 Jan 2004 07:05:46 -0800, Steve Christensen
wrote:

Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it
to a political NG?

What are you, some kind of liberal pinko commie subversive? ;-)

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk
Old January 27th 04, 11:48 PM
Howard

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in
:

wrote:

Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT
politics take it to a political NG?

What are you, some kind of liberal pinko commie subversive? ;-)

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

Sooner or later you'd think these guys would get tired of landing their
black helicopters on each other's grassy knolls, wouldn't you.

Old January 28th 04, 02:08 AM
Edward Dolan

Steve Christensen wrote in message ...

Enough!

Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it
to a political NG?

If someone writes something politically stupid or offensive, with which you
disagree - just let it go. You aren't going to win, you aren't going to
convince anyone of anything, and by now it only looks as if you are doing it for
your ego.

Let it go, or take it elsewhere.

Steve, I think there are only about two (2) threads out of the first
25 that are currently being devoted to OT. That seems about right to
me. Mr. Sherman likes to post in bits and pieces and so it seems like
more if you are using strictly a newsreader. To get the proper
perspective you need to look at the Google web page. Almost all of the
threads are recumbent related, and that is the way I like it too. But
the fact is that there is a small minority of us who do enjoy OT and
as long as we do not dominate the threads I do not see what the
objection is. Proportion is everything - on Usenet as in life.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota
Old January 28th 04, 04:43 AM
Perry Butler

Steve,

I don't remember having a problem until Ed Dolan joined the group. Let's
face it, Ed has diarrhea of the mouth! It takes Ed 50 words to say what Tom
can intelligently say in short sentence. Volume does not make up for
quality. And, have you noticed Ed ALWAYS has to have the last word.
Insecure!

Tom on the other hand has quickly lost respect, I preceive, of many on this
group. He used to throw in quick barbs and quickly retreat laughing, but Ed
now has him by the balls! Before, I may not have always agreed with what
Tom said, but I enjoyed the way he said it. The question is: "Is Tom
intelligent enough to get out of this and back to recumbent riding?"

And don't forget Freewheeling! Ed has his balls too! Ed had his balls so
tight that Freewheeling killfiled him.

A few years ago I watched as Mikey V killed the MTB group. I hope this
doesn't happen here. Many people have left this group because of Ed. Ed
doesn't have a clue!

Perry B - Minnesota

Old January 28th 04, 08:05 AM
Edward Dolan

"Perry Butler" wrote in message ...

Steve,

I don't remember having a problem until Ed Dolan joined the group. Let's
face it, Ed has diarrhea of the mouth! It takes Ed 50 words to say what Tom
can intelligently say in short sentence. Volume does not make up for
quality. And, have you noticed Ed ALWAYS has to have the last word.
Insecure!

Right, Perry, you didn't have a problem with this newsgroup because
you enjoyed those liberal rants that were prevalent on this news group
before I showed up. Tom has never yet said anything remotely
intelligent, but it speaks volumes that you think so. You are most
likely a typical Minnesota liberal, one of the lowest species of
Americans that I know of. I wish to God you and your ilk would move
to Massachusetts. Frankly, I am ashamed to be from Minnesota because
of liberals like you.

Tom on the other hand has quickly lost respect, I perceive, of many on this
group. He used to throw in quick barbs and quickly retreat laughing, but Ed
now has him by the balls! Before, I may not have always agreed with what
Tom said, but I enjoyed the way he said it. The question is: "Is Tom
intelligent enough to get out of this and back to recumbent riding?"

And don't forget Freewheeling! Ed has his balls too! Ed had his balls so
tight that Freewheeling killfiled him.

No, Freewheeling is more intelligent than you. He has not kill filed
me because I have a knack for saying intelligent things and he
respects that. It is only the numbskull's who have kill filed me.
Please note that Mr. Sherman has not yet kill filed me, although I
will bet that he has thought about it. Yes, I suspect Mr. Sherman has
lost some respect on this newsgroup because he now has to contend with
me and I am not an easy person to answer to. He can no longer
pontificate like he used to.

A few years ago I watched as Mikey V killed the MTB group. I hope this
doesn't happen here. Many people have left this group because of Ed. Ed
doesn't have a clue!

Screw these wimpy jackasses! If they want to leave, good riddance. I
will hold everyone accountable for what they say on this newsgroup and
everyone can also hold me accountable for whatever I say. If you want
to be stroked by your fellow man I suggest you go to your local social
club where everyone is making an attempt to be nice and goody. That
sort of scene disgusts me, but maybe it is right up your alley.

Why haven't you noticed that there are others on this newsgroup (GeoB
and Freewheeling) who enjoy OT and that there is a stimulating
discussion going on. Even Mr. Sherman can't stay away from it. You
need to get some intellectual stimulation in your life and who knows,
maybe some day you can contribute something to the discussion
yourself.

However, I do agree with most on this newsgroup that OT should be
limited. I do not want OT to take over the newsgroup. After all, I am
here for the recumbent information the same as everyone else. I cannot
see for the life of me why others like yourself cannot see OT as a
sort of dividend to ARBR. If it is not enjoyable for you, then stay
away from it. Most threads once they get going are easily identified
for what they are. They don't even have to be labeled OT, although
they should be so labeled. I can spot in a second what posts I want to
read, what posts I want to respond to and what posts I want to totally
ignore. Can't you?

Yes, I have a clue to ARBR better than you. I didn't spend my life in
the bowels of great university libraries without picking up a clue or
two. As I have stated over and over again in previous posts, I am here
to check all the liberal rants and raves that infested this newsgroup
before I showed up. All I ever want for this newsgroup is fair and
balanced opinions.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota
Old January 28th 04, 08:47 AM
Edward Dolan

Tom Sherman wrote in message ...

Steve Christensen wrote:

Enough!

Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it
to a political NG?

Why not mention the person who started the thread? The flame war was
going on for several days before I posted anything to it.

Forget it Tom. The fact is that both you and I enjoy these OT threads
as do several others (GeoB and Freewheeling). We have as much right to
be here as any others. They can either read us or not. Let us stop
making apologies and excuses to these nuts and screwballs who don't
like us. Hell, I don't like them much either. From now on I am going
to treat all these complainers with the contempt they so sorely
deserve. I have lost all patience with them.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota