criminal court--bike

Old February 10th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Zoot Katz

Default criminal court--bike

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 18:10:05 -0500, "Paul M. Hobson"
wrote:

ilaboo wrote:
i agree with all of which you say but--i ahve an intrinsic right not to
endanger myself or others--if becasue of circimstances i am in danger--i
really was becoming disorientated and only had 2 blocks to get home and felt
i could make it--when i got back on my bike i started in the wrong
direction--one could make a strong argument taht the police never should
have let me do that

I call BS on this whole story. If it was only two blocks you should
have walked in the first place. If it was any further, this story
clearly illustrates why one should get a ride -- be it from a friend,
foe, or taxi --

My friend, the taxi driver, likes to tell impaired clients that his
services are cheaper than a lawyer's. When he tell's that to lawyers
he gets a big laugh and a fat tip.

to and from medical procedures involving anesthetics or
other drugs.

Lots of people are randomly and regularly dosing themselves with
combinations of over-the-counter and prescription drugs.
Frighteningly great numbers of them operate dangerous machinery in
public places despite the printed warnings against it.

I'll take my chances with a pot-head or some bakatype on steroids
biking over a suicidal adolescent on SSRIs, gasoline and booze.

When I had my wrist surgery, I was *not* allowed to
provide my own transportation home, even by taxi. If you had no other
means, by your own argument[1], you should have stayed in the hospital
unless the effects wore off.

The two times I've been under a general anesthetic they wouldn't let
me go home with any one but a friend or relative despite 24 hrs. or
more spent in hospital post surgery. After the local anesthetics,
when getting the screws removed, they just assured themselves I
wasn't driving and assumed I wasn't riding a bike since I'd brought
crutches. I took a bus home and was back on the bike in two days.

\\paul
[1]"i ahve an intrinsic right not to endanger myself or others"

--
zk

OT criminal court ilaboo[_2_] General 4 January 27th 08 06:51 PM
Alleged retailer inducements lands bike supplier in court Andrew Priest Australia 9 September 18th 07 12:50 PM
YAY - Chicago treating criminal bicyclists same as criminal drivers Bill Henry General 5 July 27th 05 11:06 AM
Jim McNamara the Criminal at A.R.B.R. Jim McNamara Recumbent Biking 4 February 6th 05 07:44 AM
AL GO CRIMINAL!!! S o r n i General 8 September 4th 04 02:23 PM