RIP Sheldon Brown

Old February 4th 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
mark

Default RIP Sheldon Brown

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/index.html

found this a few minutes ago elsewhere. I know about his health issues
but I still wasn't expecting this.

Hopefully his website will stay up, it would be a fitting memorial to a
man who gave so much to the sport.
Old February 4th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Hell And High Water

In article ,
says...
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/index.html

found this a few minutes ago elsewhere. I know about his health issues
but I still wasn't expecting this.

Hopefully his website will stay up, it would be a fitting memorial to a
man who gave so much to the sport.

This is heart wrenching news. So sorry to hear this....

My thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends.

-Bob

Old February 4th 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66[_2_]

Hell And High Water wrote:
In article ,
says...

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/index.html

found this a few minutes ago elsewhere. I know about his health issues
but I still wasn't expecting this.

Hopefully his website will stay up, it would be a fitting memorial to a
man who gave so much to the sport.

This is heart wrenching news. So sorry to hear this....

My thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends.

-Bob

I have learned so much from Sheldon's website and have always enjoyed
his wit and wisdom. He was very generous with his time. One of the
greatest things about Sheldon is that he never took himself too
seriously. Rest in peace, indeed.
Old February 11th 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Rex Kerr

mark wrote:
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/index.html

found this a few minutes ago elsewhere. I know about his health issues
but I still wasn't expecting this.

Hopefully his website will stay up, it would be a fitting memorial to a
man who gave so much to the sport.

I'm just now finding myself able to respond to this thread (not out of
lack of respect as one poster implied, but out of sadness), though the
impact has weighed heavily on me ever since I read it (moments after it
was posted). When I read the subject line I knew what it had to be
about, but just couldn't accept it. I clicked with an overwhelming
sadness hoping that it was, in context, about anything other than what
it was.

I really can't add anything to what has been said before. It's amazing
how much a person that you've never met can affect you. Sheldon's
influence has been amazingly positive. Last year when I was in the
Boston area I was hoping to find a chance to stop by the shop with the
hope of meeting him. Even though I was just a few miles away I didn't
make it. It's strange how the small things affect you so much. For a
number of years on April 1st I've rushed to the newsgroups with one
thing in mind... find Sheldon's April fool's joke! Like a child on
Christmas morning. How I'm going to miss those.

I myself have a story of how an old bike runs better thanks to his help.
He took the time to answer my personal e-mails with questions even
though he must have been overwhelmed with the hundreds of such queries.

My ride to work on Tuesday was somber. One thought that I had was how
great it would be to have had a little eagle to mount on my bike in
tribute to him. The bike that he helped me with the most is currently
in storage -- it has always been one of my favorites, but it needs a lot
of work to make it roadworthy again since just about every part is worn
out. I was thinking it'd be a fitting tribute to build it up in his
style, perhaps with an IG hub, in his memory. I guess it's about time
to do something with it.

Sheldon Brown Tim Hall UK 54 February 8th 08 08:46 PM
Sheldon Brown Callistus Valerius Techniques 12 March 29th 07 12:19 AM
Sheldon Brown Kenny General 40 November 14th 06 03:28 AM
Sheldon Brown Just zis Guy, you know? UK 96 October 10th 03 10:31 PM
Sheldon Brown Simonb UK 16 October 3rd 03 12:02 PM