How fast will flies fly?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 30th 07, 02:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB[_2_]

Default How fast will flies fly?

The weather is heating up and the flies are out which really annoy the
hell out of me on long climbs. On these long climbs I've had plenty of
time to come up with a theory.

My theory is that (all brontosauruses are thin at one end ...sorry
couldn't resist) flies are only prepared to fly at 13kmh to land on me.
If I'm going 14kmh I'm not worthy of chasing and they leave me alone. Of
course that only applies if there's no wind. Anyone else noticed this?
How about a measurement to identify how stinky you are, eg. so stinky
flies will still follow you at 17kmh

DaveB

Bike thieves, fire-flies, Chinese lanterns, and city flints [email protected] Techniques 1 October 6th 07 07:30 AM
CM 30/6/06: Lizzie flies flag for pedal power Andrew Australia 5 June 29th 06 08:15 AM
As the spunk flies DA74 Racing 0 April 19th 05 03:36 AM
It flies, it *really* flies. Not Responding UK 25 January 10th 05 10:01 AM
Bored of the Flies Mikefule Unicycling 4 September 1st 03 11:17 PM