"Helmet Required" sign???

Old March 17th 05, 12:59 PM
Doezel

I'm trying to help out a local bike club to get a more prominent
sign up to tell folks to wear their helmets. Can anyone point me
to a good online image that can be used? I googled for "helmet"
and "helmet required" or "helmet required sign" but came up
empty.

try other languages:
http://images.google.com/images?q=he...en&sa=N&tab=wi
http://images.google.com/images?hl=n...en&q=Sturzhelm

Old March 17th 05, 02:35 PM
Zilla

I found some of these actually, but none conveyed
the message..

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Old March 17th 05, 02:36 PM
Zilla

For safety, and for keeping the bike trails opened for
bikers. If someone without a helmet gets hurt, then
the park managers may close the trails for the rest
of us.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

"G.T." wrote in message

"Zilla" wrote in message
. ..
I'm trying to help out a local bike club to get a more prominent
sign up to tell folks to wear their helmets.

Why?

Old March 17th 05, 02:38 PM
Zilla

There is a sign with 10 park rules in it, the the "Wear a helmet"
rule is the 3rd or 4th line. It's not prominent enough.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

"John Harlow" wrote in message
Zilla wrote:
I'm trying to help out a local bike club to get a more prominent
sign up to tell folks to wear their helmets. Can anyone point me
to a good online image that can be used? I googled for "helmet"
and "helmet required" or "helmet required sign" but came up
empty.

If helmets are truly required by landowners / managers, then I'd think a
simple, official looking sign with "Helmets Required" would be the direct
approach; anything else might be "cute" and therefore ignored.

Old March 17th 05, 02:39 PM
Zilla

Thanks, I'll pass these along.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
Zilla wrote:
Nah, more "family-friendly", though that will
definitely make me wear one.

http://tinyurl.com/5rjy7
http://tinyurl.com/49gwu

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Old March 17th 05, 03:27 PM

Zilla wrote:
For safety, and for keeping the bike trails opened for
bikers. If someone without a helmet gets hurt, then
the park managers may close the trails for the rest
of us.

If someone trips on a shoelace will they require everyone to wear
velcro?

"G.T." wrote in message

. ..

Old March 17th 05, 03:46 PM
John Harlow

There is a sign with 10 park rules in it, the the "Wear a helmet"
rule is the 3rd or 4th line. It's not prominent enough.

Unfortunately you could have a 50 foot neon sign and it would still be
disregarded. Their "nut should be covered" if it's on a regulation sign, so
not sure what the issue is.

It sounds like there is a story behind this; I hope the place is not on the
brink of closure because of some doofus.

Old March 17th 05, 04:28 PM
Shaun aRe

wrote in message
ups.com...

Zilla wrote:
For safety, and for keeping the bike trails opened for
bikers. If someone without a helmet gets hurt, then
the park managers may close the trails for the rest
of us.

If someone trips on a shoelace will they require everyone to wear
velcro?

Not the issue here, is it? The issue is, someone gets hurt, riding without a
helmet, in that park, it goes toward making the park close - right or wrong,
that's the way it is.

Shaun aRe

Old March 17th 05, 04:45 PM
JD

G.T. wrote:
"Zilla" wrote in message
. ..
I'm trying to help out a local bike club to get a more prominent
sign up to tell folks to wear their helmets.

Why?

It's definitely a two edged sword. On one hand, yeah some doof might
get hurt and sue the land manager for no sign. If the park already has
a small sign with "helmet required" on it though, there should not be a
prudent jury in the country who would find a land manager liable. On
the other, cleansing the gene pool is not such a bad thing, at least
according to Darwinism. Maybe that's why j pouloser aka puddinhead
disappeared. He bumped his empty noggin and is now at a terminal BYOB
(bring your own bib) drool party.

JD

Old March 17th 05, 05:03 PM
S o r n i

JD wrote:
It's definitely a two edged sword. On one hand, yeah some doof might
get hurt and sue the land manager for no sign. If the park already
has a small sign with "helmet required" on it though, there should
not be a prudent jury in the country who would find a land manager
liable. On the other, cleansing the gene pool is not such a bad
thing, at least according to Darwinism. Maybe that's why j pouloser
aka puddinhead disappeared. He bumped his empty noggin and is now at
a terminal BYOB (bring your own bib) drool party.

Ah, Poulos! Someone just yesterday used a B.A.H. sig, but I couldn't
remember the preeminent nutjob's name.

Qu'elle maroon.

[Long] ASA vs CTC Not Responding UK 18 January 20th 05 01:36 AM
What doctors/researchers think about wearing a helmet. John Doe UK 304 December 5th 04 02:32 PM
Bicycle helmets help prevent serious head injury among children, part one. John Doe UK 3 November 30th 04 04:46 PM
Does public health care pay for your head injuries? John Doe UK 187 November 30th 04 03:51 PM
Fule face helmet - review Mikefule Unicycling 8 January 14th 04 06:56 PM