Age does make a difference.

Old October 26th 13, 05:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Wes Groleau

Default Age does make a difference.

On the way to a movie yesterday, I looked at my tracker and saw that in
four days, I had gone twelve miles with an average speed of fourteen
miles per hour.

Then I reminisced about my daily commute back in 1984. Adding up the
time to work, and the time from work, I realized that I spent sixty
minutes going 26 miles per hour every day for a few years.

Yep, _definitely_ slowing down!

--
Wes Groleau

Nutrition for Blokes: Re-engineering your diet for life
http://www.phlaunt.com/quentin

Old October 29th 13, 06:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Duane[_3_]

On 10/26/2013 12:01 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On the way to a movie yesterday, I looked at my tracker and saw that in
four days, I had gone twelve miles with an average speed of fourteen
miles per hour.

Then I reminisced about my daily commute back in 1984. Adding up the
time to work, and the time from work, I realized that I spent sixty
minutes going 26 miles per hour every day for a few years.

Yep, _definitely_ slowing down!

Think how much you'd be slowing down if you weren't riding.
Old October 29th 13, 07:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Wes Groleau

On 10-29-2013, 13:58, Duane wrote:
On 10/26/2013 12:01 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On the way to a movie yesterday, I looked at my tracker and saw that in
four days, I had gone twelve miles with an average speed of fourteen
miles per hour.

Then I reminisced about my daily commute back in 1984. Adding up the
time to work, and the time from work, I realized that I spent sixty
minutes going 26 miles per hour every day for a few years.

Yep, _definitely_ slowing down!

Think how much you'd be slowing down if you weren't riding.

It might not be age. It might be the fact that since then
I gained 75 pounds and lost only fifty.

--
Wes Groleau

You're all individuals!
Yes, we're all individuals!
You're all different!
Yes, we are all different!
I'm not!
("Life of Brian")

Old October 29th 13, 07:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Duane[_3_]

On 10/29/2013 2:08 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 10-29-2013, 13:58, Duane wrote:
On 10/26/2013 12:01 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On the way to a movie yesterday, I looked at my tracker and saw that in
four days, I had gone twelve miles with an average speed of fourteen
miles per hour.

Then I reminisced about my daily commute back in 1984. Adding up the
time to work, and the time from work, I realized that I spent sixty
minutes going 26 miles per hour every day for a few years.

Yep, _definitely_ slowing down!

Think how much you'd be slowing down if you weren't riding.

It might not be age. It might be the fact that since then
I gained 75 pounds and lost only fifty.

lol. I think I can relate either way.
Old October 29th 13, 08:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Wes Groleau

On 10-29-2013, 14:25, Duane wrote:
On 10/29/2013 2:08 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 10-29-2013, 13:58, Duane wrote:
On 10/26/2013 12:01 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On the way to a movie yesterday, I looked at my tracker and saw that in
four days, I had gone twelve miles with an average speed of fourteen
miles per hour.

Then I reminisced about my daily commute back in 1984. Adding up the
time to work, and the time from work, I realized that I spent sixty
minutes going 26 miles per hour every day for a few years.

Yep, _definitely_ slowing down!

Think how much you'd be slowing down if you weren't riding.

It might not be age. It might be the fact that since then
I gained 75 pounds and lost only fifty.

lol. I think I can relate either way.

And during the years that I was gaining, obviously I wasn't doing much
to maintain my health. So maybe (hope, hope) it might still be possible
to regain the former condition.

--
Wes Groleau

If you put garbage in a computer nothing comes out but garbage.
But this garbage, having passed through a very expensive machine,
is somehow ennobled and none dare criticize it.

Old October 31st 13, 01:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Duane[_3_]

On 10/29/2013 3:17 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
[...]

I have a friend that lost 80 lbs in one season training for a 3 day
"raise money to fight cancer" ride. You can lose weight riding if you
do it enough but you have to watch your diet.

The season is winding down here now and I'm already starting to notice a
few extra pounds. Just commuting isn't enough to burn those calories.
Well, not my commute anyway. Time to get back to the gym full time
and/or reduce calories.

Old October 31st 13, 02:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Wes Groleau

On 10-31-2013, 08:22, Duane wrote:
I have a friend that lost 80 lbs in one season training for a 3 day
"raise money to fight cancer" ride. You can lose weight riding if you
do it enough but you have to watch your diet.

The season is winding down here now and I'm already starting to notice a
few extra pounds. Just commuting isn't enough to burn those calories.
Well, not my commute anyway. Time to get back to the gym full time
and/or reduce calories.

My commute is now quite short. Back then it was thirteen miles at the
end but only five when I started. (Moved a few times) But I was so
skinny before I started that I gained ten pounds in two weeks--in the legs.

When I resumed this time, I was 190 pounds (I developed diabetes at
245 pounds and got down to 190 without biking). I'm still about 190.
Would like to be 175, but I faint or fall asleep if I don't eat regularly.

I said my commute was short, but without a car, other trips make my
weekly total twenty to fifty miles.

--
Wes Groleau

After the christening of his baby brother in church, Jason sobbed
all the way home in the back seat of the car. His father asked him
three times what was wrong. Finally, the boy replied, “That preacher
said he wanted us brought up in a Christian home, and I wanted to
stay with you guys."

Old October 31st 13, 06:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Duane[_3_]

On 10/31/2013 9:54 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:
[...]

I'm around 170 right now or at least I was a couple weeks ago when I was
riding a lot. I would rather be 160. I feel more comfortable there. I
don't have diabetes exactly but my blood sugar gets wonky if I'm not
careful with what I eat. I can do carbs as long as I exercise.
Since I stopped most of the rec rides my weight is creeping up. I need
to reduce calories or increase exercise.