What a DING - Dong !!!

Old December 17th 08, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
fred2

Default What a DING - Dong !!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...cs/default.stm

Old December 17th 08, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
POHB

"fred2" wrote in message
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...cs/default.stm

Registration of bikes would provide "Complete security for the cyclist".
Just like it does for cars?

"A growing problem" of dodgy cycling. Is this really true? Are there
really an icreasing number of cyclists riding on pavements and jumping red
lights?

Old December 17th 08, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
fred2

"POHB" wrote in message
"fred2" wrote in message
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...cs/default.stm

Registration of bikes would provide "Complete security for the cyclist".
Just like it does for cars?

"A growing problem" of dodgy cycling. Is this really true? Are there
really an icreasing number of cyclists riding on pavements and jumping red
lights?

Well -it was just a rant and I am surprised the BBC offered him a soapbox.
In all my 60yrs of cycling of 100 miles a week on average, I have never
experienced any fighting cyclists or motorists
Maybe I should get out more.
Fred

Old December 17th 08, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Light of Aria[_2_]

"fred2" wrote in message
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...cs/default.stm

Oh dear. I rather liked LP but he diminishes himself with such nonsense.

Even if pedal cycles were to be fitted with "gonad slicer" number plates the
same problem would remain that the Police barely bother to enforce traffic
laws as it is (except for monetisation offences of course).

Daily, I see ninja-cyclist plonkers cycling along in black outfits, no
lights. I saw some ****wits doing this in the fog last night!

Old December 17th 08, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

fred2 wrote:

"POHB" wrote in message
"fred2" wrote in message
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...cs/default.stm

Registration of bikes would provide "Complete security for the cyclist".
Just like it does for cars?

"A growing problem" of dodgy cycling. Is this really true? Are there
really an icreasing number of cyclists riding on pavements and jumping red
lights?

Well -it was just a rant and I am surprised the BBC offered him a soapbox.
In all my 60yrs of cycling of 100 miles a week on average, I have never
experienced any fighting cyclists or motorists
Maybe I should get out more.
Fred

yup just a rant i'd say.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com
Old December 17th 08, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

Light of Aria wrote:

Daily, I see ninja-cyclist plonkers cycling along in black outfits, no
lights. I saw some ****wits doing this in the fog last night!

Some would argue that, as you saw them, they were visible enough.
Personally, I consider them to be as foolish as the drivers who were
doing this in freezing fog after sunset a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire http://www.shrimper.org.uk
Old December 17th 08, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
fred2

"fred2" wrote in message
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...cs/default.stm

And here is the follow-up :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...cs/7788033.stm

Old December 17th 08, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"fred2" wrote in message

"fred2" wrote in message
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...cs/default.stm

And here is the follow-up :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...cs/7788033.stm

Kinnock got it spot on about the culture.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old December 19th 08, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Light of Aria[_2_]

"Ekul Namsob" wrote in message
news:1is3l19.17kv7dd1fq3w2N%notmyaddress.1.ekulnam ...
Light of Aria wrote:

Daily, I see ninja-cyclist plonkers cycling along in black outfits, no
lights. I saw some ****wits doing this in the fog last night!

Some would argue that, as you saw them, they were visible enough.
Personally, I consider them to be as foolish as the drivers who were
doing this in freezing fog after sunset a couple of weeks ago.

Being on a cycle with a headlamp moving at 20 MPH, I have the leisure to
spot them.

Some window-licking motorist travelling at 40 MPH with steamed up windows
playing with his mobile phone picking a winner playing pocket billiards and
rolling an old virginia might not show the same care due.