Happiness is being a cow grazing on green grass

Old May 27th 14, 04:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Happiness is being a cow grazing on green grass

On 5/26/2014 7:08 PM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 26 May 2014 11:56:57 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 5/25/2014 5:00 PM, Phil W Lee wrote:
John B. considered Sun, 25 May 2014
13:25:41 +0700 the perfect time to write:

On Sat, 24 May 2014 08:39:50 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 5/23/2014 9:23 PM, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 23 May 2014 10:39:06 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

http://www.magnetsource.com/Solution...s/cowmags.html

Jeeze, don't you guys know that cows are a huge producer of methane
gas and contribute to global warming?

"A cow does on overage release between 70 and 120 kg of Methane per
year. Methane is a greenhouse gas like carbon dioxide (CO2). But the
negative effect on the climate of Methane is 23 times higher than the
effect of CO2. Therefore the release of about 100 kg Methane per year
for each cow is equivalent to about 2'300 kg CO2 per year.
Let's compare this value of 2'300 kg CO2: The same amount of carbon
dioxide (CO2) is generated by burning 1'000 liters of petrol. With a
car using 8 liters of petrol per 100 km, you could drive 12'500 km per
year (7'800 miles per year).

World-wide, there are about 1.5 billion cows and bulls. All ruminants
(animals which regurgitates food and re-chews it) on the world emit
about two billion metric tons of CO2-equivalents per year. "

http://timeforchange.org/are-cows-ca...at-methane-CO2
--
Cheers,

John B.
(invalid to gmail)

Well, OK, but they taste so good!
Which is why we have gazillions of cows, pigs and chickens
but not so many pandas.

Fish! Fish don't emit CO2 into the atmosphere, do they?

No, just into the water.

until the bubbles go up.

But you don't see bubbles coming out of a fish's mouth :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.
(invalid to gmail)

I was slightly off.

I called my brother the scientist who says fish do indeed
take oxygen from the water through their gills but the
metabolic product CO2 rapidly becomes bicarbonate and that
is expelled in solution out the gills.

Occasional fish CO2 bubbles are a different thing having to
do with buoyancy adjustment not respiration per se.

In short fish do respire CO2 but in solution to their
aqueous environment not into the atmosphere.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 28th 14, 03:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.

On Tue, 27 May 2014 10:51:36 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

[...]

Amazing the information that can be gained from Usenet :-) James tell
me that fish fart and now I discover that they expel CO2 in a liquid
form.

I also discovered that without CO2 in the atmosphere the world would
likely be covered with ice :-)

--
Cheers,

John B.
(invalid to gmail)
Old May 28th 14, 01:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/27/2014 9:46 PM, John B. wrote:
[...]

Plants love the stuff which is why greenhouses pump it in.

http://www.ngma.com/industry/Carbon_...Enrichment.pdf

Nobody likes a grass... jnugent UK 49 September 24th 13 11:38 AM
Grass-roots effort: TdF to your local IMAX Veloise General 0 June 10th 06 12:30 AM
A2 Blackheath - road will be narrowed and a grass shared-use path put in John Hearns UK 34 March 17th 06 10:44 AM
Grass inner tube fix Greg Hall Techniques 13 November 16th 04 09:19 PM