Ding Dong the car is gone

Old January 25th 16, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Ding Dong the car is gone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ekcVGgkx2w

Old January 25th 16, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Monday, 25 January 2016 20:19:43 UTC, Simon Jester wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ekcVGgkx2w

Some people who HAVE a car are scared to even use it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-car-home.html

Old January 25th 16, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 8:37:25 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 25 January 2016 20:19:43 UTC, Simon Jester wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ekcVGgkx2w

Some people who HAVE a car are scared to even use it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-car-home.html

I have never understood why subsidised road users think the section of public road adjacent to their property is reserved for their personal use.

If I built a shed to store my SUV'S in the road I imagine the same SRU's would be up in arms even though it would occupy less space than a car.
Old January 25th 16, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 25/01/2016 20:37, Alycidon wrote:

On Monday, 25 January 2016 20:19:43 UTC, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ekcVGgkx2w

Some people who HAVE a car are scared to even use it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-car-home.html

QUOTE:
One in ten drivers avoids using their car because they are afraid of
losing their parking space outside their home.

A new parking poll by the AA has revealed that competition for spaces
outside homes is now so fierce that many motorists put off driving
altogether.
ENDQUOTE

Crazy, isn't it?

And it happens only because the government will not grasp the nettle of
requiring all vehicles to be garaged off-street when at or near the
keeper's (or normal user's) home address.

If they did that, a lot of problems would be solved.

Old January 25th 16, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 25/01/2016 21:28, Simon Jester wrote:

On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 8:37:25 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 25 January 2016 20:19:43 UTC, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ekcVGgkx2w

Some people who HAVE a car are scared to even use it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-car-home.html

I have never understood why subsidised road users think the section of public road adjacent to their property is reserved for their personal use.

To be fair, though, you don't see *many* bicycles parked at the kerbside.

Now if you were talking about cars, vans, etc (though you clearly were
not), I would be able to agree with you to a very large extent.

Old January 26th 16, 07:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Monday, 25 January 2016 21:28:48 UTC, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 8:37:25 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 25 January 2016 20:19:43 UTC, Simon Jester wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ekcVGgkx2w

Some people who HAVE a car are scared to even use it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-car-home.html

I have never understood why subsidised road users think the section of public road adjacent to their property is reserved for their personal use.

It is 'cos they pay "road fund tax" innit.
It allows them to park outside someone's house all day while they catch the nearby train to work.

Old January 26th 16, 07:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 7:21:28 AM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 25 January 2016 21:28:48 UTC, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 8:37:25 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 25 January 2016 20:19:43 UTC, Simon Jester wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ekcVGgkx2w

Some people who HAVE a car are scared to even use it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-car-home.html

I have never understood why subsidised road users think the section of public road adjacent to their property is reserved for their personal use.

It is 'cos they pay "road fund tax" innit.
It allows them to park outside someone's house all day while they catch the nearby train to work.

I have a dropped kerb on the road outside my house. I consider it to be of my household's personal use. I get annoyed when someone parks across it and prevents my use of it. I do not get annoyed when someone parks on the road outside my house which doesn't have a dropped kerb - for some reason, my wife does.

https://goo.gl/maps/oRc1DsdWtM62
Old January 26th 16, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 23:48:42 -0800 (PST), Tom Crispin wrote:

[...]

That's a really lovely property : and so necessary to post the link so that we
could understand what you meant.

Can you perhaps give us a link to the view of *your* house, Simon?

Old January 26th 16, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 07:48:43 UTC, Tom Crispin wrote:
[...]

Nice reverse parking there, something that I do all the time as per the HC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NMC...ature=youtu.be

Old January 26th 16, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 8:58:36 AM UTC, Judith wrote:
[...]

Thank you. It is just one of six residences in London that I own, but my personal favourite. When I am away I can now enjoy flying by in simulated 3D on Google maps:
https://goo.gl/maps/WaXuPAKsCqF2

You can even see my 'handyman' work with the summerhouse I built in my back garden.

Can you perhaps give us a link to the view of *your* house, Simon?

Ding Dong The Witch is Dead Magilla Gorilla[_2_] Racing 13 August 29th 12 03:43 PM
What a DING - Dong !!! fred2 UK 8 December 19th 08 09:56 PM
ding dong ding dong where's Shaun Bell? LIBERATOR Mountain Biking 6 June 14th 07 06:15 AM
ding dong, DING DONG, where's Shaun Bell? LIBERATOR Mountain Biking 1 February 18th 07 03:04 PM
OT ding dong the witch is dead Jim Flom Racing 0 November 19th 04 12:34 AM