No Fuel Shortages Or Bottlenecks Evacuating By Bicycle

Old September 8th 17, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default No Fuel Shortages Or Bottlenecks Evacuating By Bicycle

On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 8:42:08 AM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 08/09/2017 01:06, JNugent wrote:
On 07/09/2017 20:45, Bret Cahill wrote:
Just about anyone can cycle 12 miles and with traffic backed up

Fuel shortages are also no problem cycling.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fuel-shor...173957716.html

Ho-hum.

I have a friend on the Gulf of Mexico side of the peninsula. They have
500 mies to drive to be safe from Irma.

Quite a job on a bike, as I'm sure you will agree.

---
http://www.avg.com

I doubt the intelligence of people who *choose* to live in an area where
hurricanes are a regular occurrence.

As I said, self inflicted wounds.
These increasingly severe winds are the result of man made global warming and Leftpondians are the most in denial whilst being the biggest culprits.

Old September 8th 17, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 19:35:30 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

So let's get this straight. They are starving, have no water, but you
expect them to build a boat that will be able to travel about 500 miles
over rough seas through two force 4 hurrricans (Irma and Jose).
You are definitely round the twist.

They chose to live there. If they don't like it they are free to leave.
But not at the expense of others.

Keep your filthy sociopathic gob shut, you disgusting ******!

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange world:
"Someone (a Scotsman) once told me he doesn't bother wiping his arse if he's
Old September 8th 17, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 19:35:00 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

So let's get this straight. They are starving, have no water, but you
expect them to build a boat that will be able to travel about 500
miles over rough seas through two force 4 hurrricans (Irma and Jose).
You are definitely round the twist.

It's been quite a while since I've agreed with you, but I agree here.
Even so, you must realise that the psychotic Hucker has now sunk as low as
to troll you.

You do not agree at all. You agree with me that we should not be helping
out foreigners that ****ed up their own countries.

What a retarded piece of **** you truly are, Birdbrain! LOL

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
childhood:

"Because it's fun. I set loads of stuff on fire when I was a kid."
"Yip, as a kid my bedroom was full of stuff from skips. If it was ****ed,
we smashed it, if it sort of looked ok, I took it home and repaired it, or
made something else from it. Not just skips, we did break into the village
hall and church and so forth too :-) Gotta love fire exits...."
"When I was 14, there were places in forests where people would leave
magazines for anyone to use."
MID:
Old September 8th 17, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 18:57:09 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Bod wrote:
On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 18:08:36 +0100, Bod
wrote:

Just to be clear. I DO feel sorry for the people who
have no *choice*,
ie; the ones who are natives and born there who do not
have the means to
move to a safer district.

They can walk!

You too have a comprehension problem. If they can't afford
move, walking
won't help them.

Moving isn't expensive if you do it yourself.

Most indigenous people on those islands only have shacks.

Which you can build anywhere.

Explain to me how these island people walk to safe districts
hundreds of
miles away carrying their possesions across the seas!

It ain't hard to build a boat.

Jeez!!!

Oh come on, you're handy enough to have been a plumber. You must
be able to make a boat.

You're as thick as two short planks! These islanders have no
water, no food, no sanitation and are desperate.

Then WTF are they doing there in the first place?

And why do they need sanitation to build a boat? The raw materials
are pretty easy to find. Even someone on "I'm a celebrity get me
out of here" could manage it. Hint: you don't need a hardware
store to build a boat.

So let's get this straight. They are starving, have no water, but
you expect them to build a boat that will be able to travel about
500 miles over rough seas through two force 4 hurrricans (Irma and
Jose). You are definitely round the twist.

It's been quite a while since I've agreed with you, but I agree here.
Even so, you must realise that the psychotic Hucker has now sunk as
low as to troll you.

You do not agree at all. You agree with me that we should not be
helping out foreigners that ****ed up their own countries.

I was addressing Bod, not you and agreeing with him that you are round the
twist. But we all know that anyway.
I note that Bod has not replied to me. Try to work out why, Hucker.

Old September 8th 17, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 08/09/17 16:58, Bod wrote:

Another thing that many idiots do, is to build wooden houses in the
middle of forests in areas that are prone to wildfires and then
wonder why their houses get burnt down.

Many of these houses are burnt down on a yearly basis in parts of
America and Australia etc.

But they're cheap and easy to rebuild. It might be a good thing if we
got out of the sentimentality of the slow to build, overpriced brick
rabbit hutches we have in this country.
Old September 8th 17, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 21:21:58 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

I was addressing Bod, not you and agreeing with him that you are round the
twist. But we all know that anyway.

Why are you agreeing with someone you hate?

Who would NOT agree with someone who considers you a sick piece of ****,
Birdbrain!

Old September 8th 17, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 20:37:52 +0100
TMS320 wrote:

On 08/09/17 16:58, Bod wrote:

Another thing that many idiots do, is to build wooden houses in the
middle of forests in areas that are prone to wildfires and then
wonder why their houses get burnt down.

Many of these houses are burnt down on a yearly basis in parts of
America and Australia etc.

But they're cheap and easy to rebuild. It might be a good thing if we
got out of the sentimentality of the slow to build, overpriced brick
rabbit hutches we have in this country.

Scandiwegians seems to do OK with wooden houses. I suspect there's a
tendency to think they don't fare well in our lovely maritime climate,
but modern materials and techniques seem to work pretty well, and with
less environmental impact too. We should remember when discussing
forest fires that they are usually a natural and necessary part of the
ecology of the areas that they affect.

Old September 8th 17, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 08/09/2017 14:32, Bod wrote:

I have a friend on the Gulf of Mexico side of the peninsula.
They have 500 mies to drive to be safe from Irma.

Quite a job on a bike, as I'm sure you will agree.

---
http://www.avg.com

I doubt the intelligence of people who *choose* to live in an
area where hurricanes are a regular occurrence.

What, the WHOLE of the sub-tropical area around the Gulf of Mexico
and the Carribean?

It should be unpopulated wilderness, should it?

I said those who "choose" to.

The whole of the population of the Caribbean, Mexico and the Central
American states, plus Texas, Lousiana, Mississippi, Alabama,
Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas?

What, ALL of them?

Can you not understand the word "choose"?
Are you silly enough to want to move to a well known hurricane area
to live? Perhaps you would prefer to choose a home on a flood plain
for your home?
There are many that choose to live in these volatile areas for tax
avoidance reasons, ie..greed, in which case I find it hard to drum up
any sympathy for them. The same applies to the thousands who *choose*
to go on holiday in the hurricane seasons. Fools, that's what they are.

You have the weirdest of ideas about the people who live around the
Gulf. And their reasons for living there.

Oh dear, you have a comprehension problem. Let me try to simplify the
word *choose*; *choose* means you have a *choice* where to live.
This discludes people who cannot *choose*, meaning that they do *not*
have a *choice*.
People who *choose* to live in an area where they have seasonal
hurricanes are either stupid or ignorant of the dangers.

You can twist and turn all you like; your "argument" still boils down to
a belief that no-one ought to live in the sub-tropics.

Old September 8th 17, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 08/09/2017 18:36, Bod wrote:
[...]

Are you arguing that...

(a) all island-dwellers should have built boats and migrated away from
the sub-tropics while the sun was shining, or that

(b) the sub-tropics are suitable for human habitation (especially
beariung in mind that the majority of the population adversely affected
by Harvey and Irma have been, or are expected to be, living on the
continental land-masses)?

Or something else entirely?

I cannot bring myself to conclude that you are really arguing for the
evacuation of tens (if not hundreds) of millions of people from the region.

---
http://www.avg.com

Old September 9th 17, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 08/09/2017 20:37, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/09/17 16:58, Bod wrote:

Another thing that many idiots do, is to build wooden houses in the
middle of forests in areas that are prone to wildfires and then
wonder why their houses get burnt down.

Many of these houses are burnt down on a yearly basis in parts of
America and Australia etc.

But they're cheap and easy to rebuild. It might be a good thing if we
got out of the sentimentality of the slow to build, overpriced brick
rabbit hutches we have in this country.

At long last, TMS320 utters one of his occasional sensible posts.

---
http://www.avg.com

Fuel Joy Beeson Techniques 1 October 5th 16 05:22 PM
A bicycle's "fuel" efficiency! [email protected][_2_] Social Issues 4 October 13th 09 11:50 PM
Rocket fuel Steve Racing 10 October 3rd 06 07:37 PM
I Like Rocket Fuel Tyler Hamillton Racing 0 April 19th 05 04:07 AM
OT - water shortages 2004 dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 7 November 3rd 03 11:21 AM