Paris-Roubaix tires ?

Old April 23rd 08, 06:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Paris-Roubaix street formula for Tours ?

In article
,
datakoll wrote:

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkM...spid=22242&lan
guage=US

$7000

ASO GOES NASCAR plus one

rule ALL bikes ridden legal cost no more than $1500.
every bike comes off the LBS floor.

hey, if you're going there do it right?

root solid for the home team no fantasy Tour BS.

I think you're solving a problem that doesn't exist.

Two basic facts:

-Amateur riders are usually riding way more bike than is likely to
matter. I remember a supremely talented guy in our club who won climbing
races about two years ago while riding a 6-speed Pinarello that had to
weigh more than 20 pounds. All the guys with 17-pound bikes had no
excuse.

-In most road races, the pound or three on the bike doesn't matter. It
is just possible the costly front aero wheels matter enough to care
about. But probably only at the 1/2/pro level.

-Even at the amateur level, riders fast and skinny enough to justify
16-18 pound bikes virtually never have to pay list, and often don't pay
at all for their bikes. The local riding scene runs about 200 riders in
all fields on a big race day, and of those, there are about 25-40 Cat
1/2 riders who simply aren't paying anything for their bikes, and
virtually any of the other riders (including pathetic me) could easily
get a substantial discount off of MSRP through their team's bike sponsor.

-for better or for worse, technological trickle-down happens fast. This
year's 105 looks a lot like 2006 Dura-Ace plus 100 grams. Either way, it
means that ordinary $1500 bikes these days look a lot like not-very-old
doctor/lawyer bikes that cost $7000 new.

Old April 23rd 08, 12:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
bdbafh

On Apr 22, 11:33 pm, datakoll wrote:
http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkM...te=10029&spid=...

$7000

ASO GOES NASCAR plus one

rule ALL bikes ridden legal cost no more than $1500.
every bike comes off the LBS floor.

hey, if you're going there do it right?

root solid for the home team no fantasy Tour BS.

not quite.
Quickstep rides with a Campy grouping.

-bdbafh
Old April 23rd 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
datakoll

Ryan Cousineau /

"Gerolsteiner is selling beer to beer drinkers, and Specialized is
selling bicycles to bike riders"

GNaw. ASO is wannabe NASCAR. One does not sell bicycles, one sells a
lifestyle.
So if Lance wins ona bike you or rather they can afford, their life
exeprience is penetrated. then they can be sold other stuff like
gerolsteiner.
you sell their dumbness snort ahhh short
Ima baseball fan. NYY. NYY fans recently attacked a new pitcher who
was given the number of an old pitcher now an announcer. That
infuriated a large enough number of nuts that the harrassment rose to
a level the new guy had to change the number.
like they'd buy a vegiematic with PHIL BROWN CYCLES TOUR DE WINNER
decaled onto the bottle

lookit the mirror.
ura lifestyle.
lookit the perspective !!!!!!!!!!!

youse guys get free bikes ???????
ura pullin muh leg

Old April 23rd 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

datakoll wrote:
"Gerolsteiner is selling beer to beer drinkers

Gerolsteiner is mineral water, Warsteiner is beer ("Die Königin unter
den Bieren!").
Old April 24th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Ted van de Weteringe wrote:

datakoll wrote:
"Gerolsteiner is selling beer to beer drinkers

Gerolsteiner is mineral water, Warsteiner is beer ("Die Königin unter
den Bieren!").

Oh shoot!

Thanks Ted. That is NOT a mistake I'd like to make.

Coulda been the whiskey, mighta been the gin...

Old April 24th 08, 04:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
datakoll

try four of the green ones, you'll climb like a rocket emgine...
Old April 24th 08, 01:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
datakoll

but you're clear if your DNA's like mine
but first lets get on our knees and pray...

Old April 24th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
datakoll

On Apr 24, 8:19*am, datakoll wrote:
but you're clear if your DNA's like mine
but first lets get on our knees and pray...

If the parade is headed in this direction then WHY NOT equalize the
bikes to a common demominator making both design and bike available to
the COMMON man on the showroom floor. ??

UNITE WITH THY ROOTS !!

"Dear lord, smite the minority drivers, the ******* if any got in, the
mexican GP driver, the englishmen..."
Old April 25th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
datakoll wrote:

On Apr 24, 8:19*am, datakoll wrote:
but you're clear if your DNA's like mine
but first lets get on our knees and pray...

If the parade is headed in this direction then WHY NOT equalize the
bikes to a common demominator making both design and bike available to
the COMMON man on the showroom floor. ??

The bikes are already available, and bike makers are about the last
sposors bike racing still has.

Old April 25th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
datakoll

On Apr 24, 8:28*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

--
Ryan Cousineau /

Ryan, as a general rule, the common man description excludes racer
types. You think in carbon. The CM thinks in what's left over.
The chain group points out 10 speeds are not CM level thinking either.

The drug problem, ignoring the Tommyknocker excess for the moment,
varies with the CM. More CM or common denominator, more pressure to
eliminate drug performance. Less CD, more room to experiment as the
sport tends toward a club level niche.

There's room to financially exploit the direction.

One may pray to a $89 lit from inside crystalline model of Junior's
latest ride wearing...

while cheering the mob as it takes out the mexican in the tunnel.

ugliness is money

Paris Roubaix Donald Munro Racing 14 April 13th 08 07:15 PM
Paris Roubaix Stephen Hammond UK 10 April 13th 08 04:47 PM
Paris-Roubaix Stu Fleming Racing 2 April 7th 06 08:57 AM
Paris-Roubaix map? Bob Martin Racing 5 March 31st 06 12:50 AM
Paris Roubaix Simon Brooke UK 5 April 19th 05 03:53 PM