Why a 29 bicycle?

Old March 14th 09, 05:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Why a 29 bicycle?

Chris Nygaard wrote:
It handles well, but I have not got rack on it yet to try it loaded.
Nore have I gotten the knobby tyres on for an off road ride yet. I
have a daught[er] who is about to be born any moment now, so I've got
other things on my mind.

This article is a must read for soon to be cycling parents:
http://sheldonbrown.com/carrababy.html.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old March 14th 09, 06:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chris[_12_]

On Mar 13, 10:17*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
This article is a must read for soon to be cycling parents:
http://sheldonbrown.com/carrababy.html.

That doesn't match my existing bags. I was just going to use a bit of
duct tape.
Old March 14th 09, 09:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Mar 14, 6:13*am, Chris wrote:

have a daught[er] who is about to be born any moment now, so I've got
other things on my mind.

http://sheldonbrown.com/carrababy.html.

That doesn't match my existing bags. I was just going to use a bit of
duct tape.

Nah. That myth that, if you don't have a ShelBroCo "Carrababy" tm,
you need duct tape to hold the baby on the bike was started by NASCAR
because Brian France has the concession 200MPH tape. Bicycles don't go
200mph. All you need is a couple of rounds of masking tape if the baby
isn't over ten pounds. Rips off much nicer than duct tape too,
especially on tender baby skins. A light layer of Johnson's Baby Oil
on the bike will help keep water off, and on the baby will also ease
removing the last little sticky bits of masking tape from the baby.

Also, babies are shortsighted, so tape her on face down so she can see
the wheel and the road whizzing by rather than just a huge blur,
something to amuse her.

Andre Jute
Dr Spock's representative on Earth
Old March 14th 09, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

datakoll wrote:
AWW YOU GOT SRAMED. DAMN whatta bummer

Chris wrote:
Works fine. Have no idea what you are talking about.

Oracles can be like that. Often considered a 'feature'

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old March 15th 09, 12:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

he's in de nile
Old March 15th 09, 12:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:

he's in de nile

Attacked by crocodiles?

Old March 15th 09, 12:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

BY GAR
Old March 15th 09, 12:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Mar 14, 8:43*pm, datakoll wrote:
BY GAR

ONE PROBLEM THE FARGO moves toward reducing is end swap.
Ifn the designer moves loaded rear back several feet then when at 15
mph burying the front in deep sand , the rear will come around at a
speed and time more compatible with my age strength experience and
reflexs.
at least that's the theory. In practice, speed usualy creeps back up
to...but then I'm over that.