Factor 001 F1 Bicycle

Old March 11th 09, 06:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bicycle_disciple

Default Factor 001 F1 Bicycle

A British F1 company Beru F1 Systems specializing in electronic
monitoring systems and composites are displaying an F1 bike at the
London Science Museum. The bike is touted to be the "most advanced in
the world", as far as its instrumentation and lab quality data
collection potential is concerned. Its making a wave of news all over
the internet for the past 2 weeks.

Read more here : http://tinyurl.com/am6dm9

B.D
Old March 11th 09, 08:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

On Mar 11, 1:11*am, bicycle_disciple
wrote:
A British F1 company Beru F1 Systems specializing in electronic
monitoring systems and composites are displaying an F1 bike at the
London Science Museum.

Thaaats not an F1 bike...

now THAT's an F1 bike!

http://www.schwinnbike.com/usa/eng/f...5&d=1146424410
or http://tinyurl.com/cbwun6

Old March 11th 09, 01:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam[_3_]

wrote:
A British F1 company Beru F1 Systems specializing in electronic
monitoring systems and composites are displaying an F1 bike at the
London Science Museum.

Thaaats not an F1 bike...

now THAT's an F1 bike!

http://www.schwinnbike.com/usa/eng/f...5&d=1146424410
or http://tinyurl.com/cbwun6

sorry chalo, that response is not dumb enough for me - can you take it
down another couple of notches please? you know, get all ignorant about
"plastic" or something? thanks /so/ much.
Old March 11th 09, 02:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

wrote:
A British F1 company Beru F1 Systems specializing in electronic
monitoring systems and composites are displaying an F1 bike at the
London Science Museum.

Thaaats not an F1 bike...

now THAT's an F1 bike!

http://www.schwinnbike.com/usa/eng/f...5&d=1146424410
or http://tinyurl.com/cbwun6

Can anyone identify the red bicycle in the picture?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old March 15th 09, 02:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Nick L Plate

http://www.schwinnbike.com/usa/eng/f...p?s=828369034c...
orhttp://tinyurl.com/cbwun6

Can anyone identify the red bicycle in the picture?

seems not, but how about this?
http://www.raleigh-bomber.co.uk/reso...uperBomber.jpg

TJ
Old March 15th 09, 04:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chris[_12_]

On Mar 11, 7:35*am, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Can anyone identify the red bicycle in the picture?

I'm pretty sure it is a repainted and downgraded version of the same
bike in the foreground. I would have stuck to spokes.

Chris
Old March 15th 09, 08:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

On Mar 14, 11:45*pm, Chris wrote:
On Mar 11, 7:35*am, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Can anyone identify the red bicycle in the picture?

I'm pretty sure it is a repainted and downgraded version of the same
bike in the foreground. I would have stuck to spokes.

Chris

Formula 1 was a 1980s attempt to breathe new life into unfashionable
BMX racing. Races were held on pavement, on miniature autocross-like
courses. The bikes were single ring derailleur bikes with 20" slicks
and flat bars. Haro, Redline, Diamondback, and others made bikes to
meet racing class rules.

Later (like within the last ten years), a framebuilder (and I haven't
been able to figure out again who it was) made a short run of adult-
sized F1 bikes not for racing in a extinct race series, but for their
basic virtues of compactness, ruggedness, simplicity, agility, and
quickness.

The red bike in the photo could be a factory F1 bike (but not the
Haro, which had a crooked top tube) or the revival bike I mentioned.
I think it's probably the latter, because it's significantly taller
than the factory Diamondback F1 bike, with a longer head tube and
chainstays and slenderer rear wishbone.

Chalo

Q Factor iridemymuni Unicycling 9 July 3rd 06 07:56 PM
Q Factor Jerrick Unicycling 0 March 5th 06 06:18 AM
wtf is Q factor dan de man Unicycling 9 February 10th 06 08:22 PM
Old KH vs New KH Q factor pdc Unicycling 20 August 17th 05 12:09 AM
Q Factor cr Techniques 1 May 11th 04 01:49 AM