Missing brake bits from Flying Pigeon bicycle

Old August 28th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Rocket J Squirrel

Default Missing brake bits from Flying Pigeon bicycle

My son's made in mainland China Flying Pigeon ("The All-Steel Bicycle")
is missing some of the front brake bits.

See the album at

http://picasaweb.google.com/j.michael.elliott/Bicycles

(Ignore the Jamis BB photo, that's for another subject.)

The tire size (40-635 28 X 1-1/2) is described on Sheldon's site as
found on "Indian Rod-brake roadsters," which pretty much describes these
brakes.

If anyone knows of a source for the missing brake bits, it would be a
great help as the bike is a matter of great pride for my son.

On another subject, the folk at the LBSs said that these tires are no
longer available. True?

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"
Old August 28th 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:17:57 -0700, Rocket J Squirrel
wrote:

If anyone knows of a source for the missing brake bits, it would be a
great help as the bike is a matter of great pride for my son.

You should say where you or your son are located.

Old August 28th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Brian Huntley

On Aug 27, 8:17*pm, Rocket J Squirrel
wrote:
My son's made in mainland China Flying Pigeon ("The All-Steel Bicycle")
is missing some of the front brake bits.

See the album at

http://picasaweb.google.com/j.michael.elliott/Bicycles

(Ignore the Jamis BB photo, that's for another subject.)

The tire size (40-635 28 X 1-1/2) is described on Sheldon's site as
found on "Indian Rod-brake roadsters," which pretty much describes these
brakes.

If anyone knows of a source for the missing brake bits, it would be a
great help as the bike is a matter of great pride for my son.

On another subject, the folk at the LBSs said that these tires are no
longer available. True?

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"

The tires (or tyres) are available. See
hhttp://www.bikepartsusa.com/bikeparts/category.cgi?item=01-82520 for
example.

Your LBS is too L.
Old August 28th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
My son's made in mainland China Flying Pigeon ("The All-Steel Bicycle")
is missing some of the front brake bits.

See the album at

http://picasaweb.google.com/j.michael.elliott/Bicycles

(Ignore the Jamis BB photo, that's for another subject.)

The tire size (40-635 28 X 1-1/2) is described on Sheldon's site as
found on "Indian Rod-brake roadsters," which pretty much describes these
brakes.

If anyone knows of a source for the missing brake bits, it would be a
great help as the bike is a matter of great pride for my son.

On another subject, the folk at the LBSs said that these tires are no
longer available. True?

The tires you can get at "http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/tires/635.html"

They also claim to have some parts available but it looks like you're
missing a lot.

I'm sure that if you go to China you can find these pieces.
Old August 28th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Rocket J Squirrel aka Mike Elliott wrote:
My son's made in mainland China Flying Pigeon ("The All-Steel Bicycle")
is missing some of the front brake bits.

See the album at

http://picasaweb.google.com/j.michael.elliott/Bicycles

(Ignore the Jamis BB photo, that's for another subject.)

The tire size (40-635 28 X 1-1/2) is described on Sheldon's site as
found on "Indian Rod-brake roadsters," which pretty much describes these
brakes.

Andrew Muzi imports genuine Indian Rod-brake roadsters;
http://www.yellowjersey.org/EASTMAN.HTML. Send him an email to see if
he has the proper parts.

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”
Old August 28th 08, 03:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
My son's made in mainland China Flying Pigeon ("The All-Steel Bicycle")
is missing some of the front brake bits.

See the album at

http://picasaweb.google.com/j.michael.elliott/Bicycles

(Ignore the Jamis BB photo, that's for another subject.)

The tire size (40-635 28 X 1-1/2) is described on Sheldon's site as
found on "Indian Rod-brake roadsters," which pretty much describes these
brakes.

If anyone knows of a source for the missing brake bits, it would be a
great help as the bike is a matter of great pride for my son.

On another subject, the folk at the LBSs said that these tires are no
longer available. True?

I did a web search for 'roadster spares'. Here's the first result:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/eastbits.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old August 28th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Rocket J Squirrel

wrote:

If anyone knows of a source for the missing brake bits, it would be a
great help as the bike is a matter of great pride for my son.

You should say where you or your son are located.

Sorry, right. Bend, Oregon, USA.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"

Old August 28th 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

A. Muzi wrote:
Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
My son's made in mainland China Flying Pigeon ("The All-Steel
Bicycle") is missing some of the front brake bits.

See the album at

http://picasaweb.google.com/j.michael.elliott/Bicycles

(Ignore the Jamis BB photo, that's for another subject.)

The tire size (40-635 28 X 1-1/2) is described on Sheldon's site as
found on "Indian Rod-brake roadsters," which pretty much describes
these brakes.

If anyone knows of a source for the missing brake bits, it would be a
great help as the bike is a matter of great pride for my son.

On another subject, the folk at the LBSs said that these tires are no
longer available. True?

I did a web search for 'roadster spares'. Here's the first result:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/eastbits.html

You are the second result on the second page on Google.

Old August 28th 08, 04:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Carl Sundquist

"SMS" wrote in message
Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
[...]

I've seen them all over the place in Cuba, too.

Centre pull brake bits Bill UK 4 July 29th 07 07:29 PM
Brake Bits? Ernst Blofeld Techniques 4 August 3rd 06 05:57 PM
The end of the flying pigeon... eddiec Australia 4 May 23rd 06 01:02 PM
Brake block missing Tim Hall UK 5 February 20th 06 10:03 AM
Goodbye, Flying Pigeon Luigi de Guzman General 2 March 9th 04 12:30 AM