the disturbing conspiracy of the bicycling elite

Old August 29th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default the disturbing conspiracy of the bicycling elite

This is no ordinary conspiracy like the aliens abducted Bush on 9/11.
This is the real thing, about real cyclists --or so they say-- about
real issues. I didn't invent it though. Got it from here...

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...=1#post7368267

(I make my observations below)

Originally Posted by Bekologist
"There's a disturbing consipracy of 'elite' bicyclists that seek to
retard bicycling accommodations in this country. They leave bicycling
stunted by standing as obstructionists to bike specific
infrastructure, or to such limited application that communities will
continue to be designed with autos first and foremost.

sensible transportation engineers understand the public would like a
lot more than 50mph traffic and 14 foot lanes to get out and consider
bicycling in this country. The bare minimum of planning for bikes is
their stated goal, and it is very anti-bike.

Very disturbing. I got an bulk email from a 'bicycle cooridinator' in
a large Texas city faintly bragging how there'd be no new bike lanes
during his term if he had anything to do with it.

this is a club, a clique a loosely organized group of 'trained' and
elite bicyclists that stand in the way of furthering bicycle
accomodation in this country. They stunt bicycling numbers and
participation in this country.

Shame on obstructionists, this makes me sick to see 'bicyclists' so
blind to the rest of the public -

who might think bicycling shouldn't be a sporting game of
assertiveness and bluster undertaken in the midst of fast, distracted
motorists."

I always knew about this conspiracy, but I was afraid to be told that
I was into conspiracy theories like the CIA blew up the towers or
Hussein was tied up to terrorism, etc.

This one is true though. If they oppose what would bring the people
ride bikes is because they hate the ordinary people and want to be
the
only ones to ride bikes. They would feel insignificant in a place
like
Holland, say.

Even the commuters are looked down upon because most of them would
favor bike lanes and other facilities. The telltale sign though is
that most wear lycra and ride big buck bikes.

They are also Republicans but are often members of the Libertarian
Party. Oh, and only use bikes on Saturdays and Sundays, always for
the
hell of it, never to go the market or something. That's my
profiling.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE
http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

Old August 29th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Aug 29, 5:30 pm, "ZBicyclist" wrote:
"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message

This is no ordinary conspiracy like the alliens abducted Bush on
9/11.
This is the real thing, about real cyclists --or so they say--
about
real issues. I didn't invent it though. Got it from here...

The post is too long. I will wait for the Oliver Stone movie.

The Olive Stone movie will be even longer. Did you follow JFK?

You just got to believe it and spread the word. That's how conspiracy
theories get started...