The 'bent scene today: still a fever for coroplast? : )

Old October 21st 03, 03:49 PM
Jerry Rhodes

Default The 'bent scene today: still a fever for coroplast? : )

"Mikael Seierup" wrote in message ...
Might want to tell yourself that theres a world outside the US too. ;-)

You are so right Mikael, TEXAS!

Jerry(430 meters from Mexico)Rhodes
Old October 21st 03, 05:23 PM

Jeff Potter wrote:

: Anyone care to take a stab at what they think the bent scene is like
: today? How has it changed recently?

Bents are entering public awareness, we are seeing slow
exponential growth, and commercial offerings are becoming sexier
and more mature. Well, I guess it hasn't changed that much
recently.

: It seems like Low-racers are going great guns. As are perhaps Compacts.
: Seems like maybe prices are coming way down for high quality compacts.

Cycle Vision is ruled by low-racers, and a few velomobiles. SWB
bikes are becoming the norm of the bent world. Compacts as in
CLWB? Not really. Tadpoles are somewhat popular, at least
locally. What is coroplast? ;p

--
Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/hpv/hpv.html
varis at no spam please iki fi

Old October 21st 03, 06:39 PM
Tom Sherman

wrote:
... What is coroplast? ;p

For those who actually do not know, see
http://www.coroplast.com/ .

Tom Sherman - Near the confluence of the Mississippi and Rock Rivers

Old October 21st 03, 10:43 PM
Gary Mc

Jeff,

I recently bought a Mueller Windwrap fairing for my trike. Great
device that meets lots of criteria: aerodynamics, weatherproofing,
adjustability, good looks etc. But, it did not cover my feet well
enough for the winter.

The Mueller mounting hardware seemed the best half of the product as
it is so adjustable, so I just made my own coroplastic fairing to be
mounted on the Mueller Hardware from some sign board sized pieces.
Coroplastic (forgive the trademark violation Tom) is great stuff as it
is stiff and strong enough to act as it own external frame.

I am waiting for cold weather before I say for sure how well I did.

Gary McCarty, Greenspeed GTO, Salt Lake City

Jeff Potter wrote in message ...
Anyone care to take a stab at what they think the bent scene is like
today? How has it changed recently?

I'm also wondering if people are as coo-coo for coroplast as they were a
few years back.

I think it's great stuff, but offhand (I'm a bit out of the loop) it
seems like not as much is being done.

Old October 22nd 03, 12:33 PM
Torben Scheel

"Jerry Rhodes" wrote in message
om...
"Mikael Seierup" wrote in message

Might want to tell yourself that theres a world outside the US too. ;-)

You are so right Mikael, TEXAS!

I didn't think foreigners could be "elected" president of the US?

;-)
Torben

Old October 22nd 03, 02:24 PM
watsonglenn

I think the Internet and sites like E-bay will have a great effect on
recumbent sales. I bought my Trek recumbent through E-bay and so do a
lot of people.