A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Racing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Team CCC

Old September 21st 20, 08:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Team CCC

Team CCC which is an American team based in Santa Risa CA was dropped by their title sponsor - a polish handbag company. The company was badly affected by the covid crisis in Europe.

This team is managed by Jim Ockowicz who is world famous as the one that brought Greg Lemond and Lance Armstrong to light as well as most of the other really good American riders whom he was grooming for the Olympics about the time that the American team was canceled as America decided not to attend the Russian site of the Olympics.

It is rumored that he may have found another and richer company so that he can go into real competition with the other teams for the top riders.

I can't say enough about Jim O. and what he does with so little turning so-so riders into national champions. Let's hope that he can find that sponsor so he doesn't have to build an entire team from scratch yet again.
Ads
Old September 23rd 20, 12:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael[_10_]
external usenet poster

Default Team CCC

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 2:40:40 PM UTC-5, Tom Kunich wrote:
Team CCC which is an American team based in Santa Risa CA was dropped by their title sponsor - a polish handbag company. The company was badly affected by the covid crisis in Europe.

This team is managed by Jim Ockowicz who is world famous as the one that brought Greg Lemond and Lance Armstrong to light as well as most of the other really good American riders whom he was grooming for the Olympics about the time that the American team was canceled as America decided not to attend the Russian site of the Olympics.

It is rumored that he may have found another and richer company so that he can go into real competition with the other teams for the top riders.

I can't say enough about Jim O. and what he does with so little turning so-so riders into national champions. Let's hope that he can find that sponsor so he doesn't have to build an entire team from scratch yet again.

When Pogacar lost almost a minute and a half to the crosswinds on Stage 7, he was unconcerned, saying he'd get it back. He appears to have looked around the peloton and saw that he was the man to beat before anyone else knew it. He seemed to feel good at the end of stages with big climbs, always seemingly trying to put a few seconds into Roglic, who actually looked in trouble at one point.

His team identified that stage as the winning move. He said they went over it several times. He knew every turn and pothole. That team did its homework and it really paid off.

When I watched Roglic climb La Planche des Belle Filles, I thought about Lauren Fignon. It's hard to imagine how devastating it would be to lose in a late-stage time trial.
Old September 24th 20, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Team CCC

On Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 4:21:10 PM UTC-7, Michael wrote:
On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 2:40:40 PM UTC-5, Tom Kunich wrote:

When Pogacar lost almost a minute and a half to the crosswinds on Stage 7, he was unconcerned, saying he'd get it back. He appears to have looked around the peloton and saw that he was the man to beat before anyone else knew it. He seemed to feel good at the end of stages with big climbs, always seemingly trying to put a few seconds into Roglic, who actually looked in trouble at one point.

His team identified that stage as the winning move. He said they went over it several times. He knew every turn and pothole. That team did its homework and it really paid off.

When I watched Roglic climb La Planche des Belle Filles, I thought about Lauren Fignon. It's hard to imagine how devastating it would be to lose in a late-stage time trial.

Before that time trial someone analyzed the Slovenian national time trial which was in some ways similar and he predicted that Podagar would win by a large margin over Roglic. So, I won't why Jumbo-Visma wasn't more careful.