Singlespeed Fever!

Old January 21st 04, 05:18 PM
David

Default Singlespeed Fever!

Well commuting year round presented some problems such as: stretching
cables, and frozen cables under the BB. So i really didn't have gears in the
first place. So made the leap, and have singlespeed fever. This is the third
day, and after 75 kilometers its starting to get a little easier. I'm not
sure which pain i should be concentrating on.? My legs, as it feels like
i'm going up hill in the wrong gear the whole time, or the pain of the -40 C
something wind-chill. It hasn't been warmer than -40 with the wind-chill the
whole bloody day.

The semi-old Norco is now a man-maker.

Dave

Old January 22nd 04, 01:51 AM
Bill Wheeler

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:18:10 -0000, "David"
wrote:

Well commuting year round presented some problems such as: stretching
cables, and frozen cables under the BB. So i really didn't have gears in the
first place. So made the leap, and have singlespeed fever. This is the third
day, and after 75 kilometers its starting to get a little easier. I'm not
sure which pain i should be concentrating on.? My legs, as it feels like
i'm going up hill in the wrong gear the whole time, or the pain of the -40 C
something wind-chill. It hasn't been warmer than -40 with the wind-chill the
whole bloody day.

The semi-old Norco is now a man-maker.

Dave

Peace,
Bill
....one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them,
one speed to bring them all and on the trails pass them
In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

Old January 25th 04, 08:47 AM
DeathbyTitus

David wrote:
sure which pain i should be concentrating on.? My legs, as it feels like

i'm going up hill in the wrong gear the whole time

Maybe you have slightly the wrong ratio at the moment ? What year ratio
are you running ?

http://www.mtb-bikes.com

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes
They got them hoppy legs and twitchey little noses
And what's with all the carrots
What do they need such good eyesight for anyway
Bunnies,bunnies
It must be bunnies

Get off the net. ge